Any husky owners ?

Chris@CCM

Member +
Well thinking of buying a husky puppy been reading up for days and they dont same like a dog for every one but I think it would be ok for me any tips before I dive in and buy one ? I'm just worried about it getting out as I here they love running off :( lol

Rob H

Member +
Have a look at these! british utonagan they are quite a new bread but they have all the best bits of german Shepards and huskis. I am a german Shepard man my self but the missis would love one.

BoostJunkie

Member +
nice one rob lol we have just got one of these utonagan and didn't even know there is a breed of them lol our pup is only 5 weeks we should get him on the 3rd of november he is a cross between german sheperd (his mum) and wolf/husky the dad. here is a pic of him a couple of a week or 2 old :D.

IMG_0473.jpg
[/IMG]

him about 4-5 weeks
IMG_0491.jpg
[/IMG]

Chris@CCM

Member +
thats a really really cool looking pup think im going to see a 5 month old husky pup tomorrow let hope its not a crazzy fucker lol

Ted

Member +
jeez mate, i know it gets snowy down your way but do you think dog sled team is really the answer?:)

I've not had experience my self with huskys but ive worked in quite a few houses who own them all of which had there furniture destroyed/chewed seem to be big chewers also have a lot of energy and are mad lol

SupaStu

Member +
The Husky breed are a working dog, so will need lots of exercise, physical and mental stimulation. I would check that the breed suits your lifestyle before buying, and read up lots about them, also make sure the dog is KC registered and has the relevant health checks completed (eyes, hips etc) to stop poor breeding, health related illnesses.

Hope that helps. :)

BoostJunkie

Member +
Cheers he is a cracking wee pup can't wait to get him :D

and yes huskies do need a lot of running if they aint walked frequently they can become aggressive but i have no issue with walking and my gf likes to run and was originally a husky we were wanting aswell and this wee guy came up and we had to have him lol.

Vglanza

Member +
Hi Chris, Im a husky owner myself, and im thinking at the minute about taking another one of a friends hands as he doesnt have time for it, your right when you say about them not being for everyone, they are one of the hardist breeds ive ever worked with, they are so resilient and stubborn beyond belief at times, and yes they need too excercised, but then what dog doesn't?. But they have great temperment, but they do need authority, which there resilience makes it hard too establish at times lol, recall is a real problem with the breed, once there off they just dont want too come back, there so independent, training is key with them. and they do love too run, cant deny it, its in the making, they love too explore and love too investigate everything, cant leave them unattended or they are gone, now i know every dog is different, some are more content than others, some calmer than others, me personally i love them, they arent everyone's type of dog but they are my type, there active, affectionate, best temperment ive seen, proud,and there character is amusing. hope this helps lad. anything else give me a shout

Chris@CCM

Member +
I've a big garden and big big yard too I live in the middle of no were so loads of places to walk her etc my mum gos walking Ner every day so she should be walked loads, I don't want a house dog , just don't want to take on to much and have to sell her on