any one know what conrods these are?

ryan-11

Member +
As above, i was told they were Scat conrods but my new block didnt need notched (I always thought the block needed notched when using these conrods?)

My old engine was built by Toytuning, it was ment to have wiseco pistons and scat conrods, when i stripped it down i found out it had Ross pistons, this makes me think what conrods were used?

DSC00221.jpg

DSC00222.jpg

DSC00223.jpg

jam35

Member +
I believe they are the same rods as tmd sell, they are direct fit and no need for notching, scat rods need notching.

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
look like scat, get them checked by your engineer, we gave him a set to balance and match to piston's he rang us few hour's later asking if we really wanted to use these rod's said they were pure wank and will need loads of machining to get right!!!!, get some pauter rod's dude

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
not all blocks need to be notched.. sometimes the clearnace is near perfect... and yes they are scat rods.

kon

they look like eagle rods to me and they dont need notching as far as i am aware

oh and happy bday mate

Last edited:

ryan-11

Member +
they look like eagle rods to me and they dont need notching as far as i am aware

oh and happy bday mate

cheers Guys, also the conrods are about 3/4 year old if that would make any diffrence? maybe a changed design?

Yeah my mate said they looked like his eagle rod, they were for a civic tho, cheers for the happy birthday mate :)

eagle rods all look the same mate, just different lengths and some are billet and some are forged. i remmember toby sold these to for a while too

ryan-11

Member +
just for future reference and if anyone wants too know, they are eagle conrods, arp bolts are 5/16 x 1.5, part number is 200-8210