Any Peugeot mechanics on here?

I have a problem with starting my 306 hdi and have tried most obvious things like heater plugs / diesel is getting to the injectors but still the car won't start since yesterday morning.

Any Peugeot mechanics might tell me off some common problems.

No faults codes are appearing.

Ben89

Lifer
Enright82 on here is a peugeot mechanic, il give him a text for you mate to make him aware of this thread if you want?

scot-ish

Member +
deffo getting fuel mate? there common for priming pump failures, and also a relay burns out, thats part of the start sequence.

Yea the lift pump in the tank is working and then when I disconnect the lines going to the injectors and cranked the engine the diesel came out at a good flow

scot-ish

Member +
after a quick look on the net, maybe the priming pump is working, but the HP one is fecked, this would still show diesel, but not sure if it would fire?? im not too clued up on the diesel setup on them, but i know pumps fail, as my mate had a pump problem.

Texx

Super Moderator
I would have thought it is the pump that would be immobilized? It must be ok then if diesel is getting to the injectors

I'm no Peugeot expert, I try my hardest to stay away from French cars tbh, but if the HDI uses a common rail injection system then it's unlikely the immobiliser will affect the high pressure fuel pump. It's more likely that the ECU will disable the fuel injectors when the immobiliser is armed.

There's a possibility damp has found it's way into the immobilisers transponder (most likely located around the ignition barrel) causing a high resistance in the coil and effecting the transponders ability to detect the key. If it's removable, it may be worth pulling the transponder off the ignition barrel and placing it on a warm radiator for a couple of hours and then try it again.

I'm no Peugeot expert, I try my hardest to stay away from French cars tbh, but if the HDI uses a common rail injection system then it's unlikely the immobiliser will affect the high pressure fuel pump. It's more likely that the ECU will disable the fuel injectors when the immobiliser is armed.

There's a possibility damp has found it's way into the immobilisers transponder (most likely located around the ignition barrel) causing a high resistance in the coil and effecting the transponders ability to detect the key. If it's removable, it may be worth pulling the transponder off the ignition barrel and placing it on a warm radiator for a couple of hours and then try it again.

Yes it is a common rail engine. I tried to find online whether the pump or the injectors would be immobolised but couldn't find an answer. I'll do that now, I will go pull out the transponder and see how it goes