Any RAF boys?

Sigma

Member +
As the title says, really...

I've this week been to an Officer's induction seminar, outlining the roles and responsibilities of an Officer in the RAF.

I've applied to be a Fast Jet Pilot, working with either the Harriers or the new Lockheed Martin F35 project.

Just wondered if anyone had any tips for the filter interview?

Thanks, Tommy :beer:

durmz

Member +
if i dont get an airline job soon ile be doing the same thing.

same thing with interviews, be yourself,

the hard thing will be the aptitude tests, so i hope ure shit hot buddy. good luck ure gonna need it

Sigma

Member +
The aptitude tests should be a doddle.

My airframe knowledge is pretty extensive, and they have advised me to "Sell Myself" in the interview as much as possible, which shouldn't be too hard :p

What are you trained in?

durmz

Member +
The aptitude tests should be a doddle.

My airframe knowledge is pretty extensive, and they have advised me to "Sell Myself" in the interview as much as possible, which shouldn't be too hard :p

What are you trained in?

lol i dont mean to be rude buddy but if you think the aptitude test is gonna be a doddle your in for a surprise.

you need to be practising personality tests online and shit, everything.

Ive got an airline transport pilots license, but have had no luck in the commercial world in the last year. and i had to do similar tests to get into oxford aviation academy, and the failure rate is very high, around 90%

RAF Aptitude Tests are basically the same as them online IQ tests so try a few of them, i have to resit mine as it has expired since ive been waiting over a year for a place to open up in the trade i want.

scot-ish

Member +
yeh, the ap tests aint that simple, there not rocket science, but if your not upto scratch, or practised on the likes of things for a little while, you may struggle a bit.

oh, and you have to stay calm, dont worry if you arent sure with one answer, forget it, and move on.

Last edited:

Hazzagray

Member +
Im looking to go Officer in the RAF aswell, Its worth doing a few induction days at the base.

For example I did the one for RAF Regiment (want to join them) at RAF Honnington.
It was basically like the final selection, I thought they were going to show me around, turns out I had to do the full fitness tests, a written essay on a given question, a group presentation all the leaderless and leadership tasks, the lot.

Received a positive recommendation for the main board. Strengthened my resolve to join them and was completely prepared for main board.

I agree with Durmz about the aptitude test though, not a doddle. There is a website where you can download and do about almost exactly what the RAF do, its about £110 to buy, did you want me to find the link for you mate? My old man got a cheeky copy for me but it didnt work cos i didnt have the correct code.
Another brilliant tool to use is that Brain training on the nintendo DS, aswell as How2Become.co.uk(?) you can get a training pack specifically for your chosen career, gives you a pack of what to expect, what to study, what they ask, and a few specimen tests the RAF use.

Wish you the best of luck mate
Harry