any suggestions on my creep?

hiya guys now i know your sick of newbies posting boost creep threads but any help/suggestions would be apreciated!

i fitted a relocation filter to grille a while back but only gota boost gauge setup last week and have noticed ive boost creep it goes from 0.6-0.8
its not hittin fuelcut but ive just got a hks actuator and will be fitting it very soon and setting it just under fuelcut but with this creep will it be creeping up to 0.9etc and making me hit fuel cut??

i tried putting duicktape on the filter today to reduce airflow but was no good i had it 3/4 covered and only helped reduce it by less than 0.05bar id say!

i only put one layer of ductape on mind you maybe thats not thick enough to stop the creep????????

i have the efi pipe but would rather not put it on and ive lost the rubber insert that goes in between the pipe and turbo intake and ive lost the screws!

so any suggestions on maybe i shoulda put a few layers of ducktape on eventhough it was good thick tape

or when i have the actuator on will it stop the creep

or any other ideas?

my mods are sps manifold sps decat and relocation filter

Texx

Super Moderator
You can port the wastegate with the turbo still in situ, just remove the downpipe to get access to it.

GT_Irl

Member +
put an old sock over your airfilter or tights or something. But as above porting is really the best way in the long run

edit: Stretch it round your filter like its going on a foot/leg if ya get me. You can use more than one as far as I know

Last edited:

kieran.s gt

Member +
yeah but that means taking off the turbo and prob all new mani gaskets etc from toyota again does it?? and im no good with cars myself so means gettin someone to do that!

ill just have to get the efi pipe on again and that should solve things shouldnt it?

yeah if you put the efi back it should stop it creeping i have the rubber bit if you need it drop me a pm