any1 running datek uni chip with simelar mods to me ????

seanio

Fresh Recruit
looking into getting my glanza on a uni chip,

mods are

FMIC
zisco manifold
decat
hks actuator
hks filter
hks exhaust

will be getting a decent FPR

runninf on standard ct9
standard injectors
standard internals

what you guys spec using a uni chip and BHP ?

cheers sean

Mike D EP82

Member +
looking into getting my glanza on a uni chip,

mods are

FMIC
zisco manifold
decat
hks actuator
hks filter
hks exhaust

will be getting a decent FPR

runninf on standard ct9
standard injectors
standard internals

what you guys spec using a uni chip and BHP ?

cheers sean

Hi mate i have -

rx7 top mount
standard ct9a
sps manifold
screamer
side exit
hks actuator set at .8 but get a bit creep
front mounted induction kit

mine was mapped without the screamer and side exit at 179.9bhp

EvilKnievel

Member +
Am running a dastek chip on my 300+hp pajero, gonna have my starlet chipped next week with their new dastek q chip. Am happy with the product. The chip itself doesnt actually "give" you more hp, the chip just gives the tuner the chance to set up your engine to run at its best/max capacity so to speak.

Wouldnt be a bad choice in my opinion.

EvilKnievel

Member +
Sorry for the silly question lol but what is a dastek chip and what does it do??

It enables tuner to set up the Timing and Fueling of your vehicle right across the RPM range so that your motor runs at its most efficient. Stock motors can definitely benefit and modified ones even more so. You will experience an increase in performance whilst decreasing your Fuel consumption. Can also use it to bypass speed limiters (some) as well as control boost settings. Even have tha ability to set up your engine for different fuels using blootooth, or activate a speed limiter via blootooth for when your wife has to use tha car:p

EvilKnievel

Member +
dastek chips are re-tunable and some like the one I got can handle 5d diff maps for diff set ups. fuelling, boost etc. So if you change some mods or so they can always just plug in an re-tune to perfection, ha ha

sanchez

Member +
It enables tuner to set up the Timing and Fueling of your vehicle right across the RPM range so that your motor runs at its most efficient. Stock motors can definitely benefit and modified ones even more so. You will experience an increase in performance whilst decreasing your Fuel consumption. Can also use it to bypass speed limiters (some) as well as control boost settings. Even have tha ability to set up your engine for different fuels using blootooth, or activate a speed limiter via blootooth for when your wife has to use tha car:p

Well thank you for that mate, all my questions answered lol
Have i seen people using these with EMUs or did i make that up?
Is it the same sort of piggyback as an EMU?

Gtstu

Member +
a uni chip wouldnt be used with a emu , people say the emu is better option for a piggy back and is nearly as good as a standalone ecu

EvilKnievel

Member +
The UNICHIP is much more than just a chip so to say. In actual fact it is a fully functioning computer which is added to the vehicle’s existing ECU. Apart from controlling general timing and mixtures it can do idling control, drive extra injectors, take full control over timing functions, eliminate road speed governors etc.

The UNICHIP gets wired into the existing ECU harness. If it is removed the vehicle is back to standard. Unlike other after-market units if the UNICHIP is programmed with zeros the vehicle will be standard. Only areas where the vehicle isn’t perfect need to be altered.

The main difference between other after-market chips and the UNICHIP is that with the UNICHIP every individual vehicle is optimised. It is not just a chip that was made on one particular vehicle and then gets used on other similar vehicles.

The UNICHIP gives the technician full control over the timing and mixture functions of most electronically controlled vehicles. Not only can mixtures and timing be set, but also it can be set under various load and RPM conditions. This gives one the ability to optimise the vehicle for economy under light load conditions and set it up for optimum performance under full-throttle conditions.

scot-ish

Member +
i would recomend a unichip, have seen it personally used quite well on n/a peugeots, for some with a very high standard

but with the price, i would prob look into emerald, kms, and try to have a harness built up for it, for the starlet that is, thus having changable maps at the switch of a button

EvilKnievel

Member +
the unichip does give you changeable maps at the push of a button, either via a physical button on your dash or via bluetooth.

Have a choice of 5 maps on the one in pajero, but only had two maps set up. They call it the Dastek UniQ, you now also get the Q+ which has even more functions.

The way they developing the unichips these days pretty soon it will be opening up the window by itself if you fart.

seanio

Fresh Recruit
hi can the mods please clean this thread up, i dont need to no all the ins and out just want peoples specs bhp with a uni chip