Anybody know a good turbo refurbishment company??

Adam_Glanza

Member +
hi guys...

as title says, need my td04 rebuilding as i think it has an exhaust side seal leak.

any feedback / experience with people would be appreciated, as i dont really want it going to cowboys.

cheers

Glanza_MK

Member +
Is it a normal or hybrid TD04? If normal then it would probably make alot more sense to buy a cheap low mileage one

Adam_Glanza

Member +
well yea its just a usual td04...

i cant see it being too expensive for a rebuild? its working fine and hardly any shaft play, i just expect a oil seal gone wrong.

do you have a number for them guys?

Paddy

Lifer
buy a new low milage one. i got a new ct9 for £50, i know its not a td04 but it would have been atleast a couple hundered for a rebuild

Adam_Glanza

Member +
the second problem is i dont really have time to wait and try and find one, unless there are a few for sale right now, i dont rle want to take the risk of buying a fucked one either!

its sitting in our garage having to be pushed in and out so i wanna get it sorted fairly quick.

cheers for the advise neway lads

alan_d

Lifer
hes just got back - he approves the adds like Jay/Dylan etc - but the perk of this being he gets to see whats listed first before it goes up for sale - hes promised to come to me if anyone puts one up.

Hes also posted a request for a low miler for you, with cheap price being key. Sometimes youd see the new members coming in wanting to go td05 td06 on there so if one comes up ill let you know.
Would a VF be worth considering? they come up on there too!

Adam_Glanza

Member +
would like to stick with td04 if possible, as i dont really want to get the car remapped again.

going to be selling the car fingers crossed in the summer so dont want anything going wrong come selling time!

cheers again for the help alan much appreciated

edit:

called AET turbos, and they quoted inbetween 275-495 + vat for a rebuild, so yeah any used low milage replacements would be very handy lol!

Last edited: