Anyone Drove a ST205 GT4 Import?

Craig_GT

Lifer
Looking into gettin a new car when i come back from Magaluf (Sept) and im thinkin this is my first choice.
Just signed up to http://www.gt4oc.net/ and they seem a friendly bunch :)

Just wondering if anyone on here has went from a GT to one of these? and whats your experience with them?

I know to look out for things like ss and fig8's.

Just like to have a good read and look around before i jump in at the deep end.

Cheers,

Craig :)

Fishy89GT

Banned
Nasty gearbox!

no there not they are just different, you just got to get used to them, the throw is v.short though.

here is a few pics of my old one..

gt41.jpg

gt44.jpg

gt42.jpg

gt43.jpg

They are lovely cars and the 4wd is incredible out of bends as its all mechanical unlike liners where its ecu controlled..

they are heavy on fuel, worst i got was a shy over 140miles to a full tank ( £55-60) but mine was running a stage 2 hybrid running 1bar at around 320bhp so standard car maybe abit better.. and they are expensive if they go wrong.

best things to look out for are to see if fig8s have been done? lower arm bars? and ideally a newly replaced clutch or aftermarket one.. with proof through recipts. and of course look for all the usual things..

also that link is of a UKDM GT4 these are apparantly down at 239bhp instead of an import at 255bhp out the factory.. not sure how much truth there is in that though! i also found there was no difference really in the insurance cost between the import and the UKDM version, they are cheap to insure anyhows though!

hope that may help :)

Si

Last edited:

Sean_GT

Member +
GT_Neil on here went from a GT to a ST205

I had a drive of it, it felt very refined compared to the GT but no where near as fun to drive.

And yes running costs are very high.

Craig_GT

Lifer
Im pretty sure Julian who i think you bought your car from went to a gt4 from his GT.

Yeah, hopin he sees this... Yeah i bought his old starlet.

them compo 5 spokes look the titties

have to agree!

Quite high mileage for that price no?

yeah, hence why i said i like the looks ;)

no there not they are just different, you just got to get used to them, the throw is v.short though.

here is a few pics of my old one..

gt41.jpg

gt44.jpg

gt42.jpg

gt43.jpg

They are lovely cars and the 4wd is incredible out of bends as its all mechanical unlike liners where its ecu controlled..

they are heavy on fuel, worst i got was a shy over 140miles to a full tank ( £55-60) but mine was running a stage 2 hybrid running 1bar at around 320bhp so standard car maybe abit better.. and they are expensive if they go wrong.

best things to look out for are to see if fig8s have been done? lower arm bars? and ideally a newly replaced clutch or aftermarket one.. with proof through recipts. and of course look for all the usual things..

also that link is of a UKDM GT4 these are apparantly down at 239bhp instead of an import at 255bhp out the factory.. not sure how much truth there is in that though! i also found there was no difference really in the insurance cost between the import and the UKDM version, they are cheap to insure anyhows though!

hope that may help :)

Si

Cheers for the input mate, yeah was lookin at the import ones, if i could get an import one that looked like that id be happy

GT_Neil on here went from a GT to a ST205

I had a drive of it, it felt very refined compared to the GT but no where near as fun to drive.

And yes running costs are very high.

cool, cheers for input mate.

Craig

bigdoods

Member +
id be looking into an mr2 after my glanzas i think.they are tunable to 600bhp which would be a nice step up from the glanza

Craig_GT

Lifer
im sure you will be able to,

i sold mine for £4k the other month.. :confused:
lol

cheers

si

Only really started lookin for them tbh mate and am hopin to get one when am back from Magaluf.
how did you find them driving wise and also running costs?
(tax, fuel, wear and tear etc.)

defo stickin with Toyota as prob one of best built manufacturers imo.

Craig

Fishy89GT

Banned
Only really started lookin for them tbh mate and am hopin to get one when am back from Magaluf.
how did you find them driving wise and also running costs?
(tax, fuel, wear and tear etc.)

defo stickin with Toyota as prob one of best built manufacturers imo.

Craig

cool cool sounds good

they are lovely to drive, no doubt about it. they arent overly overly exciting, they do their job tooo well imo and as its a big car coming from an ep the sense of speed is reduced dramatically.

they also like all four tyres the same if that makes sense, i.e all f1's etc oh and the four wheel drive also eats about 100bhp from the flywheel figure :mad: lol.

as said fuel the worst i got was 140ish miles to a 55/60quid tank, cannont remember what the tax is but i think its about 100quid for 6months. wear and tear wise they are as soild as any toyota i.e spot on. just need to make sure the bits i mentioned earlier have been replaced as work and parts are expensive for them.. its not a quick cheap fix like ep's are lol.

ChrisGT

Member +
My brothers got one and they are nice cars, wouldn't mind one next! As said, try and get one that has had the clutch recently changed as its a massive bill to get done!

Nice cars, I like my brothers and its pretty quick too.