anyone fitted side mount seats into a gt

turboflow

Member +
i any one has fitted side mounting seats into a gt could you explain how you did it, i want the driving position lower than standard so i think i may have to weld in some rails and bolt it in, its only me and the missus who drive it so only 2 position are required

cheers

owen

whiteglanzav

Member +
it would be quite awkward id of thought, if you look at the 1 for sale on droopy gt's thread it looks like the fitting things would have to be dropped into somthing would require fabrication of a different kind of rail than usual

weakboy2

Member +
my bride seat is mounted on a standard bride sliding rail with side mounts, it can go pretty low, as it has 3 different heights on the side mount

turboflow

Member +
as long as i am sat lower than normal then awesome, if i have to i will just weld in in some braces and bolt them to that

Rory

Lifer
I sit lot lower in mine, lower than the passenger, and im 6'2"

Bride Rail with a Cobra seat in there.
Its mounted on 4 "L" shaped brackets, if i used the Cobra side mounts it sits me way to high.

quadcorecraig

Member +
am going to try make some for a friends brige low max's

going to weld the side mounts onto runners on longer brackets

they look real good tho

turboflow

Member +
i think im just going to bolt them to some welded in braces with two position for me and the missus and just a comfy fixed passenger position. maybe a foot plate for the passenger to be cheeky lol

quadcorecraig

Member +
lol, styling more than use lol

Do it ^__^

if she wears heals make sure they get stuck in the foot plate gap ...give them somthing eles to complain about when getting out your EP

"soo fucking low to ground cant even get out of this shit box craig , i hate it "

:freddy:

turboflow

Member +
lol, see the good thing is my missus has a gt too and would love all of these mods, she is just about to forge her engine, and build it her self, trained her well lol