anyone know about ep82 lambda sensor??

evening all
so my 95 gt turbo has failed MOT on emissions- co excessive on 2nd fast idle,(the tester said its running very rich..does this mean its overfuelling) ive recently jus dropped new engine in and all seems fine apart from this- plus its idleing high about 1500rpm even when warm.
engine/ignition/fuel system cleaner has failed to bring it down and ive also cleaned up the sensors an checked throttle cable, checked pipes etc, so from what ive found on here im gna try a new lambda sensor next?? :confused:

thing is i cant find one specifically for my starlet gt 95 are they universal or summin?
does anyone know a good site for these and how easy is it to chage? will i need to cut the wires etc?
also when i put the new engine in i used the throttle body off the old engine would this need to be calibrated or summin? cars running standard by the way!

sorry for the essay lol but advice would be much apreciated guys n gals! thanks in advance
suzi :rockon:

Morten-ubby

Fresh Recruit
Don't just change stuff ;)
Measure out the o2 sensor and see if it oscillates as it should ;)
Howto : With a oscilloscope measure between B - and O2/EX in the Diagnostic port.

dac69er

Super Moderator
Don't just change stuff ;)
Measure out the o2 sensor and see if it oscillates as it should ;)
Howto : With a oscilloscope measure between B - and O2/EX in the Diagnostic port.

to be fair mate, how many people have an oscilloscope? i work in engineering, but i dont have direct access to one.

sounds like you have an idle problem mate. i would setup your tps correctly and then adjust the idle screw to get the idle correct. also clean out the idle control valve.
no harm in changing the lambda. cost about £25 for a universal single wire one.

cheers for that morten-ubby, but as dan says i dont have direct access to one thought if i can get that universal 1 for 25quid it wouldnt be a bad loss n ill have a spare then if it aint ya know! much apreciated for telling me how to measure it thow rep added!

cheers dan thought i could use the universal one,is there another way of checkin if its got anything to do with tha lambda thow? thats my plan this wknd before orderin 1 is check the tps- you say to set up tps correctly what do you mean by this? thought i could just adjust the tps screw mate? much appreciated repped
suzi