anyone know much about k24s?

matt walters

Member +
Guys,

Looking at a k24 turbo for my car.

Just wondered are they a ball bearing turbo? What boost can they run comfortably and roughly what power can be made on a 5e with one.

Most importany though what's spool up like on them?

Rob H

Member +
there pretty similar to the td04 I had one on my last turbo engine and I liked it but that was 4e good spool and good power I dont know the figures as I never had mine on a dyno mine was a Blitz K24.

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
If you're wanting more midrange I would pop a TD04L on your existing setup Matt, would work out cheaper than going K24 and get you more power too.

TD04 spool lovely on a 5e :)

Cheers

Mike Jones
Tuning Developments Ltd

Killamats

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.toyotagtturb
K24s aint ball bearing, but very good quality. There's a guy here who runs one on a 1.5 diesel in the 1/4 mile at 40psi boost and revs to 6800rpm and its kept up with the abuse for an entire year and still going strong.

I had one and I loved it. Little or no lag on 4E, and gave a good kick. Slightly smaller than TD04 in ARs so wont give you as much power.

If you get one cheap, go for it .. but value for money TD04L tops the list.

kemnaychris

Member +
Not sure of the k24 they look like they have gd power less lag maybe? but a k26 hold 2 bar no problem been in my mates car at that boost it's insane and very scary trust me :)

but now hybrid k26 under my bed So hopefully less lag now and some serious boost :)

the td04L on the 5e is a nice street car combination...excellent low end and mid range...its kind of like a hybrid on a 4e feeling
it will spool up around 2000rpm and have a bar (or more) around 3000/3500rpm depending on your set up....it will run out of puff around 5000/5500rpm
be warned, your top end will suffer in comparison to your present turbo....this is due to the smaller exhaust housing the tdo4l has vs the flow of the 5e

i suppose you can make maybe around 250/270bhp on the td04l at maybe 1.4/1.5bar...sometimes they last, sometimes they dont at those pressures.

PS- did you try changing your aftermarket intake to the stock intake on your current set up?