anyone know what this is?

wesgt

Lifer
got a new gt at the weekend, was a bit dirty inside so i decided to take the seats out and give it a good clean, and found this under the drivers seat!

pic.jpg

the wire coming out of it at the top of the picture has a socket on the end which plugs into a connection that is on a wire coming out of the seat.
the hole in the object just above the arrow had a screw in it, so when i unscrewed it, the part you can see on a hinge opened up to reveal this

pic1.jpg

any ideas?

Craig

Lifer
I can't see the pics in work? Is it encased in a metal holder? If so, it could be the optional extra amp. I had one in my old GT. Do you have the door speakers too (I did)?

wesgt

Lifer
I can't see the pics in work? Is it encased in a metal holder? If so, it could be the optional extra amp. I had one in my old GT. Do you have the door speakers too (I did)?

yes there are door speakers, and its in a green metal case! but why would it plug into the seat?!

danb87

South East England Area Rep
mine was similar, the clip for seatbelt was attached too it, for the warning light on dash. plus all the speaker wires were around it also.

wesgt

Lifer
mine was similar, the clip for seatbelt was attached too it, for the warning light on dash. plus all the speaker wires were around it also.

all the wires seem to be bundled up in the unit, i didn't check to see if there going anywhere under the carpet.

Phil

Super Moderator
so much wire for a switch lol

jays is the man to ask, but all ive ever heard is its for the dash seatbelt light.

maybe the surplus wire is there for reason? ready for optional extra speakers from factory or something? (thinking really far outside the "box" :) )

Phil

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Thinking about it, mine didnt have no where near as much wire..... actually had barely any at all........only a little black box clipped down under drivers seat.

corofin12345

Member +
@ foggy...i dont have this in my car..my 96 glanza seatbelt light thing is in the piller.. (sorry forget what the piller is called.. where the seatbelt comes out of)

wesgt

Lifer
@ foggy...i dont have this in my car..my 96 glanza seatbelt light thing is in the piller.. (sorry forget what the piller is called.. where the seatbelt comes out of)

hmmm am taking a spin up to jay this weekend, but i'm not sure if i'll be going in the gt, the corolla is just too handy on diesel lol

corofin12345

Member +
hmmm am taking a spin up to jay this weekend, but i'm not sure if i'll be going in the gt, the corolla is just too handy on diesel lol

haha.. good auld diesels.. mine turns off the light just by pulling the belt.. you dont have 2 clip it in 2 turn it off and theres nothing under the seat..