Anyone want to earn money?

Lidders

Member +
Right,

Im getting so fucked off at this moment in time with my car, one minute its ok the next its not.

Right today i tried to jump start the car it started up fine, then went to move and it died. so i thought ok must be timing so went to try and jump start again after adjusting a little and now my battery has decided not to even try and power the car no ignition no nothing, checked leads etc nothing.

so thats Job 1 to get that sorted and running.

next job. i need someone that knows about these engines to hear if the engine is still knocking like it shouldnt be (very quiet) as ive just fitted new big end bearings. and to see if its running smooth.

All you need to do is stand there drink some Tea and explain on what i should do and help where needed.

IM WILLNG TO PAY £20.PER HOUR that your here. you must know about how these run etc.

pm me or leave a reply. thanks john.

ryan_v

Lifer
why did you change bottom end bearings?

Thats not a normal thing to just change. Did you use plastigauge to check your tolerances?

Lidders

Member +
Because it go low on oil and 2 mins later it was tapping very loudly! And took them out and my thoughts were confirmed, and no i didnt uyse a plasiguage i dnt no wat it is or its job.

Lidders

Member +
I put it on charge at 7 last night and will be on till i get home at 120 today. Hopefully that should do the trick

ryan_v

Lifer
You need to get a new engine or rebuild the one you got by someone who knows what there doing, by the sounds of it your crank needs reground.

ryan_v

Lifer
Also what did you torque the crank bolts too? And what size of bearings did you use?

If you torque the crank bolts down too tight it will be hard for the engine to turn over, hence your starting problem.