anyone with a td05 16G on standard 4efte?

RS-Ronan

Member +
Well lads,been offered a full td05 16g for handy money.
Is there anybody on here running one on a standard 4efte?
will be going fully forged eventually but was thinking of running it td05 at 1 bar for a bit.
what would the lag be like?

any help would be appreciated.

Rob H

Member +
What TD05 is it and what's it off? May help a bit I have a greddy TD05 and there not too laggy at all but I would not run one on a standard engine plus if the engine let's go it will prob take the turbo out with it.

mech5107

Fresh Recruit
If its a 16G it's probably from an evo. This would be laggy, but not bad at all.

But if you are unsure, hold back as there are some TD05s that are made even for Kubota tractors. This would boust near 6000 on normal engine, maybe more.
Just look on the tag (if available) and use logic comparing a normal ct turbo side to that of the td05 offered. If it's huge, stay away.

GI BOY

Member +
billybob ran 1 on a standerd glanza @.7 lag wasin as bad as people make it out to be!! id rather tdo5 for the pull but thats me tdo4 is good for response but when the tdo5 comes on boost it eats the clock twice as quick

wickedep

Trader
all depends on which td05 you have mate. greddy would be best with least lag but also most expensive. stock evo td05's are laggy (also depends on which turbine housing they are packing) but manageable if you don't mind a bit of lag or if you're ride is a drag car. then there are other custom td05 16g's..like ours with smaller turbine housing which is very manageable and only about 400rpm laggier than a td04L but still capable of well over 300+ bhp. me personally, i don't mind lag...that's why we use anti lag and high rev limits :drive::) ...but there are some people that feel the ct9 is too laggy lol. :slap:

sacha

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
Anyone can get a td05 for handy money lol, have you got all the other bits ecu,turbo kit etc thats what i be worrying about

i loved my td05 but its all down to preference

madman

Member +
yeah td05 is a lag monster specially on the road going from 1st-2nd is a nightmare she just drops outta boost unless you ride the clutch to keep her goin lol but does pull like a train id rather a td04 any day on a 4e i loved mine on the td04 1.2 bar standard internals ftmfw haha

mech5107

Fresh Recruit
Not all td05 are the same. There are some pretty good turbos for the 4e (for example the greddy one). A bit laggy but concider it's a turbo for 350hp in a 1,3l engine, it's good.
But there are some td05 that are huge for the 4e, even for the 5e. Just be sure what version you will get.

But there is no need to go this way. If you aim at 210-230ps a td04 will make the trick. Else get a gt2860rs.

GI BOY

Member +
seen yr car in tullow lad with the tdo4 and tdo5 was flying with the tdo4.. with the tdo5 it was alot slower so i can see were your coming from.. what boost were you running on the tdo5?

madman

Member +
seen yr car in tullow lad with the tdo4 and tdo5 was flying with the tdo4.. with the tdo5 it was alot slower so i can see were your coming from.. what boost were you running on the tdo5?

yeah its just not for a 4e but ive a different gearbox now and she flys on that now but i just had that box here to try it out. td04 = winner imo

im just running at a bar on the td05

GI BOY

Member +
i beg the differ we had a td04 running 1 bar on the glanza raced a 190bhp civic we beat him by a few lenths the we raced again just with the tdo5 @ .9 and mate it was no comparison it was a different race altogether we left the fella miles back

Ted

Member +
i have run a td04 and 05 at a bar and td04 was way faster- 1 bar on a td05 isnt even in its cooking zone.

GI BOY

Member +
i have run a td04 and 05 at a bar and td04 was way faster- 1 bar on a td05 isnt even in its cooking zone.

was your car tuned with both turbo ted/madman? as the map will play a big part:p
look iv managed to covince a few tdo4 heads to go tdo5 and the said they would never go back and all ran near 1 bar on standerd ecu's.. iv seen them race both cars @ 1 bar and the tdo5 comes out on top every time..

RS-Ronan

Member +
like i said before anyway,was just thinking of running it at a bar on my yolk until i have my 5e forged build finished and whatnot!

wickedep

Trader
if you're going 5e in the future then the td05h is a very feasible option. but as so many have mentioned before...its all about getting the right td05...many are comparing td05's here..but nobody's really talking about which td05's they are comparing. there are many different td05 models..some are a great upgrade..some not so great...some totally unsuitable

GI BOY

Member +
TDO5H off a scooby is the ones im on about.. rs-ronan if ye want to see over the 300bhp mark in the future tdo5 will see that power easy and ther got for handy money so why not try it out see how it gos if you dont like it sell it.. as every1 will have ther own opinion about tdo4's and 05's being laggy and more powerfull.. has any1 any graph's of tdo4's hybrids makin over 300 bhp as ther been sold awhile now and i never seen any dyno vids or sheets to prove they can do it?

Ted

Member +
was your car tuned with both turbo ted/madman? as the map will play a big part:p
look iv managed to covince a few tdo4 heads to go tdo5 and the said they would never go back and all ran near 1 bar on standerd ecu's.. iv seen them race both cars @ 1 bar and the tdo5 comes out on top every time..

the map will play a small part, bottom line is the 05 will be faster on a motorway 4th/5th gear blast, td04 faster everywhere else, youre away up the road while td05 boy is sitting waiting on it kicking in. i found the vf35 a better turbo than a td05 with similar top end, maybe you and your mates should do some research. currently running a vf29 which is about halfway in between.