Apexi AVCR Boost Controller Basic Setup Tutorial

TD04_5EFTE

Member +
Thought I would type up this basic setup tutorial for the Apexi AVCR boost controller that I got from a member on the old forum incase people are wondering where to begin or how to do a basic setup before they go exploring all the features.

First thing to do is initialise it all and start again, you do this in "etc" and "yes" it. Turn the ignition off and then back on again and all settings should be back to stock.

In the menu "Learn Gear" leave learn gear open on all gears i.e no cross through any

In the menu "etc, Car Select" set up for 4 cylinder 4 speed, graph you can leave at 1bar but change speed graph to 240kmh sensor absolute1 or relative1 depending what it works best with.

Also check whether throttle should be connected up on your car, some starlets do some don’t, if yours is a don’t ,then again in ‘etc, car select’ where it has an arrow pointing up/down or stars leave yours as stars.

In the menu F/B Speed setup up the gears to the following -

1st - 5,
2nd - 5,
3rd - 3,
4th - 1,
5th -1

Now that the basic settings have been inputted it's time to get the boost controller setup for your desired boost level.

Right next problem is boost, you can only go up not down! So if you actuator boosts to .8 bar stock you wont be able to get .6 bar!

Set your target boost to whatever your aiming for and leave duty as is.

Go to monitor boost only, what your trying to do is get the boost to hit your target boost in the settings, keep upping duty until it achieves boost or lowering if it goes over.

Always do a pull in the same gear 3rd or 4th being best.

After you do a drive hitting the max boost, stop and press the "Up Arrow" on your controller and it will display the peak setting so you can adjust according and while you are displaying the peak hold if you press the "Right Arrow" this will reset the value and the "Down Arrow" will release the peak hold.

Adjust your duty according and reset the Peak value and do a test run again, Once you have it boosting properly to the point of what you set it at it should go into three stars *** in duty, this means its self learning!

If it sounds like its hunting while doing this then that’s the time to mess with ‘feedback speed’.

Feedback speed is how many times you want it to assess the boost, i.e in 1st have it quite high 5, 2nd 5, 3rd 3, 4th 1, 5th 1 the reason for this is longer gears take longer to boost correctly so it will analyse it to often.

Repeat it all for setting B as it doesn’t carry over.

Hope this helps people with a basic setup to their boost controllers, If they are not confident about mucking about with the menu's and changing settings then I recommend getting a tuner to set it up for them, but if they are just remember to read the manual and double check everything.