APEXi AVCR wiring

Muddy_fox

Member +
Hello mates!

I have an APEXi AVCR and I wired it correctly based on the supplied wiring diagram for 4EFTE 2nd gen engines.

The AVCR detects my throttle voltage as 4.5v when closed, so I set the AVCR arrow down but when I'm revving the AVCR is not detecting how many percent open is my throttle, any solution for this?

Also, the speed sensor says I have to connect from the speed signal from the ECU but no speed is detected by the AVCR. I have a aftermarket speedometer which get the signal from the speed sensor in the transmission/gear box, but with the old/stock gauge there are two wires, one from the gear box and the other is going to ecu, so one wire from the gearbox to the gauge and the other wire from the gauge to the ecu. Now the wire going to ecu is not connected to anything since I have a aftermarket speedometer, do you think this is the problem? can I connect it directly to the wire from the gear box?

TIA

weeJohn

Lifer
You will not get a percentage throttle position as the throttle position sensor is only a switch, its either open or closed. The speed signal should be connected to the wire that goes into the ecu, the pin out ID is SPD. The gauge sends a pulse signal to the ecu but probably needs to be connected for it to complete the signal circuit.

Muddy_fox

Member +
Honestly I dont know the answer to that one, I have never even considered it.

Hi! I just manage to send the speed signal from the tranny to the ecu by just connecting the wire from the tranny to the gauge and the wire from the gauge to the ecu, it's like that I just put a jumper wire replacing the OEM gauge :). One of my friends told me that the gauge only acts as a conductor/bridge between the wire from the tranny to the gauge and the wire from the gauge to the ecu. :)

For the throttle, if I replace my TPS with the one that A/T used (I think 4 pins) do I need to change ecu from M/T to A/T or I can still use my M/T ecu? just to make the % opening of the throttle works.

Thanks