Apexi Power FC compatability

whatup

Fresh Recruit
I'm sure that I am a complete idiot for asking this question, but I really do need some help. I have done some searches on this site and I am seeing that people are saying that there is a difference in the Apexi Power FC for EP91 and EP82. Does that mean that the actual computer is diffenent or just the harness? Someone told me that the Power FC can be used on any car if you have the right harness. Is this true? I am only asking because I already have a Power FC from a Toyota MR2 and would use that with an EP91 harness (if possible).

bigdoods

Member +
the ep82 and ep91 ones are very similar.the only difference is the harness.one is 2plug(ep82) and one is 3plug(ep91)...the sw20 one(mr2) will not work on the ep`s unless it is modified by AP engineering.they alter it to fit the ep`s and retune the base map etc in the ecu to fit the EP

GTdan

In The Closet
i know the ep82 and the 91 are completly different harnesses.
I would presume its different from the mr2, as otherwise you would be able to interchange the ecu's between the 91 and mr2.
Its the harnesses that make them compatable to the car, the power fc is the same.

Fishy89GT

Banned
think all powerfc's are different, they are all made specifically for the car...have a different chip inside etc...

so if you bought a normal MR2 one, and put a harness for an ep82 on it, it wouldnt work so people have said...dont know if anyone has tried it though..!

That shop on ebay has 2 for sale at the min tho, one for both the 82, and 91, so if you want one, get it off there...i think its JPS something or other.

Killamats

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.toyotagtturb
think all powerfc's are different, they are all made specifically for the car...have a different chip inside etc...

so if you bought a normal MR2 one, and put a harness for an ep82 on it, it wouldnt work so people have said...dont know if anyone has tried it though..!

That shop on ebay has 2 for sale at the min tho, one for both the 82, and 91, so if you want one, get it off there...i think its JPS something or other.

i did. car doesnt even start, or it does when haevily pressing gas and it sounds like its working on 1 cylinder then turns off.
ep82 power fc works fine on ep91, and also vice versa as long as the harnesses are car specific