apexi safc 2

richglanza

Member +
wat about an actuator and also controling the boost or is that essentially what i'll be using the actuator for... to hold the boost at a steady level

richglanza

Member +
so why do people use electronic boost controllers are they more accurate or summat?

and out of intrest is there a unit that can perform the functions of apexi safc and an electronic boost controller.

how would i set the safc up or is it a job for a rr

thanks for the fast responses by the way

goldenvtr

Member +
electric boost controllers are jsut so much eisier. with the actuator you have to drive check your boost, take it off twist the arm and on and on. with an EBC you do it all digitally thist fasters and more prescision involved, another bonus is most EBC, has other featurs too. if your looking at gettin an safc2 look into gettin an AVCR to match.

safc will need setting up on teh rolling road, if with those in mind and a full exhuast (inc mani) and FMIC you could have a very healty power figuer ;)

richglanza

Member +
sorry you've lost me at avcr

iv been offered a safc 2 for 65 quid ,is that a good price

it may require a new harness tho , can you get the glanza specific (ep91)

i have the auto bahn mani waiting to go on and currently on the car is a mandrel bent exhaust lovely bit of kit

goldenvtr

Member +
there all a universal harness altho only about 5wires are actually used so not hard to install atall, maybe quite hard to get a replacment, but 65£ is cheap! an AVCR is the safc equvilent of a boost controller

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
FCD/SAFC/AVCR is the same setup I use. I can't fault it although you will get a better tune with a piggy back ecu instead of the fcd/safc. But fcd/safc is deffo a good, cost effective way to go.