APEXi SAFC II File Saving

Muddy_fox

Member +
Hello,

I have an APEXi SAFC II (AFC3 100-03874).

Before it was working pretty well and suddenly the problem occur.

The problem is, it would not retain the saved setting/program on its File 2 preset.

Programming File 1 is OK, but when you programmed File 2, the setting won't save and it will erase the setting in File 1.

What could be the problem and how fix this?

Thanks

weeJohn

Lifer
Sounds like an internal problem, but to rule a setting fault out, try to load the same settings into 2 as are in 1 to see if it still happens.

Muddy_fox

Member +
Sounds like an internal problem, but to rule a setting fault out, try to load the same settings into 2 as are in 1 to see if it still happens.

Hello,

I tried this but still File 2 is being erased if I tried to change file, meaning I can save setting in file 2 but sometimes it got erased, sometimes not when I change file. So, file 2 don't have a permanent memory, file 2 have "amnesia" :(

can it be repaired?

thanks

Rev

Member +
It sounds like you have to stick with one map. I use one map and change a few fueling points for open road driving vs city but have had it setup on a dyno as said.

All I can think of which probably won't work but worth a try is reset the unit with the all data initialisation command.
You must right down ALL your settings in the unit before you try this as it will erase all maps and should reset defaults which will be totally wrong for your car.

Next you must re setup all your settings before the car can be started. If you get lucky the data file 2 may come back.

I wonder about the cause of this as safc2 gets very hot is it mounted for proper cooling position to prevent chip software errors in the heat? But TBH it sounds like a hardware failure.

Muddy_fox

Member +
It sounds like you have to stick with one map. I use one map and change a few fueling points for open road driving vs city but have had it setup on a dyno as said.

All I can think of which probably won't work but worth a try is reset the unit with the all data initialisation command.
You must right down ALL your settings in the unit before you try this as it will erase all maps and should reset defaults which will be totally wrong for your car.

Next you must re setup all your settings before the car can be started. If you get lucky the data file 2 may come back.

I wonder about the cause of this as safc2 gets very hot is it mounted for proper cooling position to prevent chip software errors in the heat? But TBH it sounds like a hardware failure.

File 2 is saved, even if I turned off and on the car the setting is there, but there are times that the setting is resetting to "0" when I change file from file 1 to file 2 and vice-versa. So I guess you're right, it's a hardware issue :( I hope APEXi can fix this because as we know SAFC is not a cheap merchandise. :(

Thanks