apexi safc? what are they like? good for a td04 setup?

Fletty

Member +
what do these safc's do? cus i have one and i cant notice any difference. all i can see that it does is stop my cupholders from coming out :L

Rev

Member +
[ what do these safc's do? cus i have one and i cant notice any difference. all i can see that it does is stop my cupholders from coming out :L ] QUOTE

You need moderately bigger injectors to get benefit, the ecu doesn't know they are bigger so opens injectors for the time the smaller injector needs which means you get heaps more fuel. With a bigger turbo or higher boost you can add more air and so get more power but the A/F should be setup properly on a dyno.

The safc2 just does fuel adjustment though not timing , they are supposed to be run with a timing adjustment unit as they can detremently effect timing if not well matched. This site seems to prefers emanage blue gives good results to a certain boost and injectors and some say better than SAFC2 .
I like the idea that if the electronics fail with a safc2 you are left with the larger injectors flooding the engine so hopefully it doesn't blow up if you are running high boost in a very hot climate like I have.

I guess in your cooler situation you have a great advantage in torque and power through lower temperature so you get to your power target with the setup that suits best.

Last edited: