apexi safc

kieran.s gt

Member +
will this adjust fueling the same as an fpr if so does it have to be set
by a tuner or can this be done by myself
i only want to run .85 boost i have a jam fcd would it be ok to leave as is or would it run lean

Last edited:

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
anything over fuel cut should have extra fuel added. The safc can be used to fine tune the fuel alot more than using an fpr alone, most people tend to use an fpr/safc combo. It can be set up yourself if you have a wideband and you know what your doing, if not save it for a tuner.

BTW if your thinking of buying one PM Seed, he has 1 for sale iirc.

kieran.s gt

Member +
anything over fuel cut should have extra fuel added. The safc can be used to fine tune the fuel alot more than using an fpr alone, most people tend to use an fpr/safc combo. It can be set up yourself if you have a wideband and you know what your doing, if not save it for a tuner.

BTW if your thinking of buying one PM Seed, he has 1 for sale iirc.

thanks for info

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
no worries dude. Bit of extra gen for you, I believe the theory behind using an FPR/SAFC combo is you use the FPR to fuel to what you'll need at max boost then use the SAFC to trim fuel away and get a better tune. If you depend on the SAFC alone and anything goes wrong theres a good chance you'll be running lean and not know anything till you go pop, the FPR is there as a back up tp the SAFC, if the SAFC goes tits you'll be running slightly rich which isn't as much of a problem as running lean.

kieran.s gt

Member +
no worries dude. Bit of extra gen for you, I believe the theory behind using an FPR/SAFC combo is you use the FPR to fuel to what you'll need at max boost then use the SAFC to trim fuel away and get a better tune. If you depend on the SAFC alone and anything goes wrong theres a good chance you'll be running lean and not know anything till you go pop, the FPR is there as a back up tp the SAFC, if the SAFC goes tits you'll be running slightly rich which isn't as much of a problem as running lean.

for the price thay all add up to prop better off getting a jam ecu

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
JAM ecu's are around £400 if your lucky enough to find 1. I got my SAFC for about £50 and a full SARD fpr kit including guage from Toby, that came in at less than £100 iirc.

Fishy89GT

Banned
just to let you know..safc's on there own cant add fuel past fuel cut...so if you want to do that, you then have to do it with a reg to sort the fuelling past fuel cut, and then trim with the safc...