Apexi SAFCii advice - need tuners advice!

churcherj

Member +
im in a slight dilema at the moment, after hearing mixed opinions about it the apexi safc2 and whether to use it. Im planning to run this with a fpr/fcd combo on a td04 at 1 bar, and fine tuned with the SAFC. I realise it would be better to run an emb/emu or some other unit to get a better map, but would rather run it on this at the moment to keep costs down, as something unexpected could happen after fitting the td04 kit i.e engine going pop or something! i called my local tuner and he said to not bother using the apexi safc as it tricks the ecu to thinking its taking on a lesser load, and will need my timing adjusted afterwards? is this true? i thought the apexi safc2 will help trim the fuel after raising the pressure on the fpr?

in other words should i use it to help me fine tune my fuel more accurately, or should i sell it and just run a fpr/fcd combo? will it make my performance gains slightly better and safer than just running a fpr/fcd setup? reps for anyone who can help out :) cheers

ramses974

Member +
a lot of 4efte has done this setup "FCD+FPR+SAFC" with good result ...
The only diference is that the SAFC canot control timing and you cannot give an agressive feeling to your car at low rpm...Plus,emanage can control bigger injector more precise than the SAFC...But as you know all people will not change injector for 1 bar on a td04...and your setup will be ok for this....The diference at the same pressure with the emb is not so noticeable that you think it is more a different way to tune ...
AFter 1.2 1.4 bar ? yes emanage will do a beter job with the stock ecu and the ultimate is the ultimate set up for a piggy pack

churcherj

Member +
a lot of 4efte has done this setup "FCD+FPR+SAFC" with good result ...
The only diference is that the SAFC canot control timing and you cannot give an agressive feeling to your car at low rpm...Plus,emanage can control bigger injector more precise than the SAFC...But as you know all people will not change injector for 1 bar on a td04...and your setup will be ok for this....The diference at the same pressure with the emb is not so noticeable that you think it is more a different way to tune ...
AFter 1.2 1.4 bar ? yes emanage will do a beter job with the stock ecu and the ultimate is the ultimate set up for a piggy pack

no im not going over 1 bar for a good while as im running as my engines not forged and dont wana blow a rod or something! all i really need to know is if the safc is worth installing or would it be a similar result to running just a fpr/fcd combo?