arc top mount or rx-7 intercooler.

Pav

Member +
Hi mate. I wouldnt recommend an rx7 cooler for anything much higher than 13 psi of boost mate.

I had one and it felt boggy at anything over 13. An Arc one however is a different story!

Pav

Member +
I found my rx7 was not getting enough cool air, due to its size, the standard air duct was not big enough to cover it so it started getting alot of hot air around it from the engine bay.

I tried removing the standard duct and replacing it with my own make shift duct (which was pretty good), and helped it keep cool, but it would still get hot to touch after a blast. Not good at all. Every time I ran a bar on it (using the Jam ecu that cmr has I believe!) it would feel boggy. But on a really really cold night it was great.

Now I have an fmic and its always ice cold even after an all out run. The gains were significant.

The Arc ones are designed to be used with the standard rubber intake on the bonnet and produce very good results even though they are smaller than the rx7 cooler.

sanchez

Member +
ive got a top mount rx7 cooler and mines fine, runnin .9 bar?
upgradin to a front mount soon tho as im goin hybrid :)
arnt the arc tmic expensive tho? when u could just go for fmic??

CMR

Member +
I found my rx7 was not getting enough cool air, due to its size, the standard air duct was not big enough to cover it so it started getting alot of hot air around it from the engine bay.

I tried removing the standard duct and replacing it with my own make shift duct (which was pretty good), and helped it keep cool, but it would still get hot to touch after a blast. Not good at all. Every time I ran a bar on it (using the Jam ecu that cmr has I believe!) it would feel boggy. But on a really really cold night it was great.

Now I have an fmic and its always ice cold even after an all out run. The gains were significant.

The Arc ones are designed to be used with the standard rubber intake on the bonnet and produce very good results even though they are smaller than the rx7 cooler.

Yeah I remember you saying that before, I only used my old RX7 tmic for a few weeks and it was fine at 0.8 bar cool to touch after driving.
I run an ARC at the moment, and even after long drives its still cold to touch ;)

Saying that ive seen people say their ARCs are hot even after a 10 min drive so its a bit strange :rolleyes:

durmz

Member +
jays getting closer to his bar :p i got a couple goodies this week dude...mainly stereo though haha

dac69er

Super Moderator
Saying that ive seen people say their ARCs are hot even after a 10 min drive so its a bit strange :rolleyes:

arc is ok, but you drive hard for a few mins in the summer (only time i use the car) and it gets pretty warm.

i tried putting it off and trying to convince myself i didnt need a front mount, but in the end i gave in and finally fitted one.

Rick

Trader
It depends on what you have been doing with the car. If you are stationary for any length of time then both the RX7 and the ARC will suffer with heatsoak. The difference is how efficient it is when it has air going through it.

That would explain the heat in the ARC after 10 minutes of driving.

I had an ARC cooler and it was great.

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
i could get a fmic, but want try something different,
also my car would look more standard with an arc,
as dont want draw attention with a huge fmic.

aaron425

Member +
ive got an arc cooler, make me an offer if you like?

aarons029.jpg

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
pm me how much u would accept fella?
but defo mate interested,
honestly, was there performance gains?
and would it come with the samco bits?