Are our ep's better than the Japanese ep's

Yes I know there all JDM cars but are our ep's better than the ones that Japan has to offer. Imo the ep's over here these days are mental compared to the ones comming over from the motherland. Yes there are some crazy ones popping up from time to time but the modifications people are doing to them over here are amazing. As an example have any of you seen a Glanza as mint as Mario's (Glanza911) comming off a boat or even pictured in Japan? Have our cars come to a better place? At the end of the day there going to be here longer so does this make us experts on them more than the Japanese. Maybe there are tons of them over there that we no nothing about and never will. Just a thought.

TO82

Member +
Seen a few, dodgy ones in japan, suchas a green ep91 with lambo doors :homer:

But i think a tuned starlet in japan always looks beter for some reason?

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Seen a few, dodgy ones in japan, suchas a green ep91 with lambo doors :homer:

But i think a tuned starlet in japan always looks beter for some reason?

its the wheels and exterior accesories they get, there all the real deal, but look at aidans gt, proper toms kit and its the best looking gt ive seen imo

Vglanza

Member +
imo i think the way wee style our cars is nicer than what the japs do, japs can be a bit extreme when styling at times, imo.

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Lol, Look at mine of course they are better :p

Na there are some serious machines over here alot of them are off of this site though. we all seem to have relatively the same taste. granted there are some individual machines that crop up from time to time and the staple favourates like the Laguna splitter but there are some original ideas and concepts that i haven't seen on any jap machine

Gee

Member +
You can't mess with the JDM's.

I'm sure there are many, many we have not come across.

We just don't know what they have hidden over there, they live and breathe cars!

Lol, Look at mine of course they are better :p

Na there are some serious machines over here alot of them are off of this site though. we all seem to have relatively the same taste. granted there are some individual machines that crop up from time to time and the staple favourates like the Laguna splitter but there are some original ideas and concepts that i haven't seen on any jap machine

Hey I could'nt put a fiber glass splitter on it would get mashed nothing wrong with a laguna lol.

You can't mess with the JDM's.

I'm sure there are many, many we have not come across.

We just don't know what they have hidden over there, they live and breathe cars!

They dont know whats hidden over here either me thinks.

Gee

Member +
And what's hidden over here?

TD04's? Hahahaha.

The Japanese are in a different league when it comes to their domestic market.

The young guys there blow all their money on car's rather than save for a house etc. They do complete balance modifications not just power hungry 5EFTE builds.

All in my opinion from many years watching video's etc.

And what's hidden over here?

TD04's? Hahahaha.

The Japanese are in a different league when it comes to their domestic market.

The young guys there blow all their money on car's rather than save for a house etc. They do complete balance modifications not just power hungry 5EFTE builds.

All in my opinion from many years watching video's etc.

Whats funny about td04's its not as if we're being flooded with them in cars from Japan?Its a fair point about their market and I agree with it but I'm just talking about ep's. So do you think Japanese ep's are in a different league to what we on this side have to offer also I blow all my money on cars like the majority of other people my age into modifying cars I dont get what you mean there to be honest.. Its just a funny topic to think about I mean like would they be suprised with whats being done to them over here or just think nothing of it. It would be good to get an opinion from over there.

Last edited:

hardcoreep

Member +
You do know that the last EP built was almost a decade ago. The Japanese have long past the tuning stages where you guys are. Hell, Jamaica is past where you guys are. Most GTs are balance machines, not dyno queens to impress your friends.

The other thing you need to know is that we get most of the cars after their Shaken. Most Japanese upon till recently only kept their cars for three years. Once the Shaken is looming they either abandon the car to the authorities, or pull the parts off the car and sell it once it passes. My friend is a 'junker'. Thats what he does in Japan. He buys cars too modified to pass the Shaken parts it out and then passes the car, and sells it back into the used car trade. He also buy modified cars from the testing centres that have failed and are going to be destroyed.

So crazy modded cars really don't get to export too often. If you lived in Japan during the heyday of the Starlet there were tons of modified ones.

Last edited:

nexia201

Member +
could be but the japanese would stick to "rules" when doing a moded engine and as they have every part available they will change anything in the engine . Here in Malta we try our own means and ways and modify engines in unconventional ways :p and we still get good results in my opinion better than the japanese. on youtube you find ep82 with hks kits and others only running high 13's , 14's and even 15's here we run 13's with ct9! probably the japanese would tell you its not even possible!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=f9sXSo3cmJ4&feature=related

Last edited: