As you all love night time photography so much...

milloman

Member +
I've been takin pics over these winter months of various outings we've done, i'll try to describe as we go along, but here, hope you enjoy and hope the links work! :)

Sorry its such a big thread but i hope you all enjoy what you see :)

London Tunnel run, @ Buckingham Palace

IMG_1329.jpg

Same, @ Westferry Circus

IMG_1331.jpg

Same, @ the dome looking to canary wharf

IMG_1344.jpg

Again...

IMG_1345.jpg

Not glanza but quite like this one...

IMG_1349.jpg

Before we left for the run...

IMG_1316.jpg

Just a night time shoot...

Glanza_bonnet-1.jpg

Again...

All3.jpg

Again...

GlanzaBrightRims-1.jpg

Again (not glanza)...

EKsTogether-1.jpg

Again (again... sorry)...

IMG_1007.jpg

Again (yet again... lol)...

IMG_1012.jpg

Non-night time, but a couple others...

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1121copy.jpg

IMG_1049-2.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

Hope u enjoyed :)

Last edited:

milloman

Member +
Let me know if the links start breaking etc, they're most of them not working for me now! lol :(

If so i'll get them properly hosted.

milloman

Member +
Camera is Canon EOS 450D, its a f*cking awesome camera and in the right hands can produce some proper professional shots! ...i'm still looking for those hands tho, lol.

Cheers for the comments guys!

gv1.3

Admin
wow some really nice shots there mate. Alot of the pics aint loading for me though :(

Thanks for sharing!

PS: some info on settings used and tips would be most welcome :)

clarkey205

Member +
good pics them mate. never seen canary wharf or westferry circus. smart v turbo. the pics in the woods are good 2. good camera you've got

milloman

Member +
wow some really nice shots there mate. Alot of the pics aint loading for me though :(

Thanks for sharing!

PS: some info on settings used and tips would be most welcome :)

Right firstly i'm pee'd at picasa for the links not workin :( :( booooo!!! I'll get them on photobucket asap!!! :)

If i can offer any wisdom i will. Here are my rules/tips i implement myself though...

- Apperture vs ISO... Apperture wins all the time! I never take my ISO above 200 (400 if you're lucky!) Apperture can be raised all day long without effecting the quality of the image because its a natural adjustment... ISO is digital though, therefore increase the ISO sensitivity and you'll start getting loads of 'noise' on your pics - eugh!!! So whack a high apperture when you are shooting in low light!

- Shutter speed FTW! ... where possible, i hold at least 5 secs of shutter speed, but ALL my nighttime ones are achieved at 30 seconds of exposure time... I'm waiting for delivery of a radio controlled device so that i can set the apperture to its lowest setting and the ISO... and hold the shutter open for like 10 minutes and see what happens - the longer the shutter is open on stills, the richer the photo! (IMO remember!)

- Composure 'self... if theres one rule i follow for shots and their composure, keep the focal point in focus (duh!) and always work in 3rd's! i.e. slap the focus of the image 1/3 of the way from the bottom or 1/3 from the top... you can achieve this with cropping afterwards too, but try to take shots so that you dont need to crop them if possible :)

Remember this is all in my opinion and with my camera (a dSLR), others may strongly disagree with what i've said, but it's all down to the individual and what they're trying to achieve :) Hope i've helped anyone, if not sent u all to sleep! lol

milloman

Member +
T'is indeed my car and wasToymota's old car... i'm slowly getting the image away from what she had so that it becomes my car and not hers tho :( lol! The ass end looks completely diferent now... just need to work some magic on the front. :) i've only spent £4k ish so far :)

@ Clarkey205 - It's a TD04 mate yes... Intercooler is XSPower... something on the to do list - change it!

dandydons

Member +
T'is indeed my car and wasToymota's old car... i'm slowly getting the image away from what she had so that it becomes my car and not hers tho :( lol! The ass end looks completely diferent now... just need to work some magic on the front. :) i've only spent £4k ish so far :)

Great to see it looking so well mate - I had it for a year or so before I sold it to Toymota.. send me a PM if you want any details of history etc - nothing bad to worry about mate.

cheers

Kev

milloman

Member +
Ah cool cheers mate!! She is a TRUE minter, paintwork is stunning i've never owned a car with such great condition paintwork for its age!

She's been relatively problem free, apart from the engine needing a rebuild at 90k miles but we'll forgive her for that :) Now she's all spankin new, and i've nearly finished modding it too, just a few cosmetics and handling bits to do, as well as the final map!

gv1.3

Admin
thanks for the tips mate. I got a remote shutter release recently too so gonna try that out. I noticed that when shooting at night and using long shutter speeds I was getting a lot of noise. The ISO was on automatic os might manually adjust and see how it goes :)

milloman

Member +
thanks for the tips mate. I got a remote shutter release recently too so gonna try that out. I noticed that when shooting at night and using long shutter speeds I was getting a lot of noise. The ISO was on automatic os might manually adjust and see how it goes :)

Ah that'll be the one mate, when you half press the shutter for AF, because the ISO is auto it'll think "shiiiit it's way to dark, 1600 ISO (or 3200 if u've got it!)" and bam, there's your noise. Set it to 100 and play with the apperture until the photo's sweet as a nut :)

Here's my picasa web album with some other shots, not all car related if anyone's interested. And yes, the ugly mug in the only people shot is me, it is a cracker of a photo tho!! :haha: http://picasaweb.google.com/BenMiller87/BenMiller?feat=directlink#