Asbestos in EP82?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Random question here........

Just wondering what the material is, used above the roof lining.. Like a fluffy insulation.. Is this asbestos free? as i have heard of cars containing it around the 90's still...

Just want confirmation.. Too late now anyway as ive scraped the hell out of it all anyway! lol

I dont think it is to be honest, but thought id ask if anyone knew.

Cheers

dac69er

Super Moderator
i dont know for sure as i have never seen it, but i would put my balls on the line (literally) and say no

GT_Irl

Member +
one hell of a question Dan, surprised its not been asked before as I have heard similar things about 90's cars - particularly jap!

dac69er - prob right pal

weeJohn

Lifer
I think the recycling yards would have been informed as to any models that had asbestos used in them.

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
Hey mate,

I seriously doubt it would be in the roof lining.....Asbestos was mainly used in cars as a heat barrier insulator material. Ive heard of it being used in brakes, hood lining valves etc but never roof lining

see below

asbestos_in_automobiles.gif

cheers

Mark :)

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
asbestos was banned worldwide in 1989 - the ban was appealled against in 1991. The appeal was over turned and the ban was still current....as far as I was aware...but laws change so frequantly so who knows....?? but.....

I very very much doubt there will be any asbestos in a EP82 :)