Auto ep82 manual ep91 ecu

fur

Member +
i have an auto ep82 converted to manual and it has the three plug ECU
can the 3 plug manual ep91 ecu fit straight back into my harness and work my car or can it be modified to work?
what is involved in doing this?

well fur...i can tell u i have a converted ep91 (3 plug just like the newer auto ep82)....and i can use both the A/T ecu (which it came with)...as well as a m/t ecu...which i run sometimes

no problems at all

and from the diagrams of the ep82 auto.............i beleive that u will have no issues running a ep91 ecu......as far as i know...they are the same---auto ep82/auto ep91/ manual ep91

just the manual ep91 ecu has one less grounding point........but never seems to cause me any trouble at all

take a look for yourself
http://www.wheelsjamaica.com/wheels_forum/index.php?topic=71750.0

Last edited:

fur

Member +
hmm doesn't seem as tho the auto ep82 ecu in the ep91 will be an issue
but i am wondering if the single sensor ground E21 will cause an issue when i try to work the ep91 ecu in my ep82
the issue is a friend of mine is running a blitz access ecu in his 91 but he doesn't have a rev limiter, so we wanna swap ecus so he can have a limiter and a safer tune since I have an emanage ultimate with which i can set the IGN cut

boy fur...to be honest....i have not experienced any issues running either the m/t or a/t ecus

and i figure his blitz may have a limiter.....just he might not want to go there....some of them went down into 8500/9000rpm..so its a risk on his part

in relation to getting the blitz with the emanage tune...u also have to be careful....because these uprated ecus have more aggressive timing, which is a good thing with the ct9,,,,but can sometimes ba an issue with bigger turbos depending on where it actually comes in........i know with the emanage u can set the rev limit and raise/reduce timing within prescribed limits,,,,,,but if the ""base ecu "" timing is still beyond the emanage limits and the safety of the engine,,,then u might got some issues still

the blitz/emanage combo can be use...and has been used as some would say that the initial tuning base is made easier.....but the standard ecu and emanage is probably just as good an alternative and can net the same results as the former....as there are less things trying to sort out your fuel/ignition set up......

some people argue for the former....but then again some people dont always tell the other side of the story that can result from too aggressive a map at specific points

well try it and see if u like it........or he can do like me and buy a standard ecu for cheap...BDS$200........had one on zhaust recently from my memory

Last edited:

fur

Member +
a std ep91 ecu? that would be ideal, cuz i really only thinking about putting in the blitz to help him out

yeah standard ep91 ecu

all u need to do is either put up a request in the "wanted section"...like i did on here (ttgt.com)...that's how i got mine

or u can check through zhaust ...i know i seen one in the last few months....dont know if its m/t or a/t ...and dont know if it sold or not

pay no more than BDS$250 for one (including shipping preferably bds$200).....and have it labelled "computer ecu" when shipped..that way u may only pay $1 at post.....and valued about US$20 just in case..if they ask, u could always say its 2nd hand ....lol