Auto-man

irishboy

Fresh Recruit
wats t story just wonderd how har is it 2 change from auto - mannual im gettin board of t auto cheers lads :ep91:

TomS

Lifer
I don't think it's worth converting the auto into a manual because it'll cost at least €1000 to get it done. I was thinking about getting mine converted but the car would have to be off the road for a while plus finding the parts to do the conversion could prove to be a pain in the neck. However i think the conversion is straightforward enough provided you have all the parts. I could be wrong but I think the gearbox from the 4efe (non turbo) just bolts on. If you found on of those in a scrap yard you could strip it for all the parts you need.

Over in New Zealand mine costed what would work out to be under 500 pounds, thats including paying someone to do it.

Fucken huge improvement over the auto tho

Kelly

Member +
yeh the cost over here is very off putting, ive thought about it a few times and probably would think more seriously if we didnt have the other gt which is a manual. But then again the auto is great fun and so much fun off the line, now its getting faster and faster every month loving it! :D