Autobahn oil cooler

Well I got one in the post today and I just need some advice on what to do to install it I'm just abit cautious on what to do. So any advice on mounting it and what I need like thermostats would be very much appreciated. I got mine with a honda filter does this matter or is it the same size as the standard a 4e filter looks very similar? Thank you in advance for any help :)

DSCF0933.jpg

dan_ep82

Member +
you will have to use a civic filter from now on, no biggy tho.

as for a thermostat you want an 80' one mocal do one with the scew threads but u will need to cut the hoses and buy 4 extra aeroquip fittings :)

Nice one lads:) So the fitting from the cooler will fit where the where Starlet filter is its not a honda one. Where would I get my hands on those fittings a hardware shop maybe also where would I source a thermostat too? Sorry about all the Q's.

dan_ep82

Member +
you need -8 aeroquip fittings, they sell everything u need in deamon teeks but be warned your gonna be looking at around £100 for the lot :)

dantheman

Member +
i work for mocal mate ;) if you want anything let us know and i can sort you with some discount :)

before you fit it make sure you give the cooler a good flush through with some petrol or something as ive seen quite a few of these cheapy coolers that still have alot of swarf inside them..

also if you can, try and mount it securing all 4 mounting points (each corner), as they tend to crack and rupture if you just mount from 2 brackets.

dan :)

you need -8 aeroquip fittings, they sell everything u need in deamon teeks but be warned your gonna be looking at around £100 for the lot :)

Cheers Dan. I have it layed out on the floor here I'm kinda like ehhhh:confused:?? Which way do I route the pipes?

i work for mocal mate if you want anything let us know and i can sort you with some discount

before you fit it make sure you give the cooler a good flush through with some petrol or something as ive seen quite a few of these cheapy coolers that still have alot of swarf inside them..

also if you can, try and mount it securing all 4 mounting points (each corner), as they tend to crack and rupture if you just mount from 2 brackets.

dan

Well is'nt karma a funny thing lol believe it or not my name is earl is on the tv beside me too lol. I'd be in the market for the above if you have any ideas. Oh and the boost controller was sent too:cool:

Last edited:

dantheman

Member +
cheers mate ;)

im not keen on in line thermostats myself as they just add more clutter under the bonnet,sandwich plate with built in thermo is alot nicer and neater..

but if you want an in line thermostat and fittings il pm you the number and lad to speak to, mention my name and he will take care of you :)

dan_ep82

Member +
but the autobahn has a filter reloation inline surely if u run a thermo sandwich plate you wud have to put the filter in stock location? :)

dantheman

Member +
if you boys mark out where you wanna cut the hoses i dont mind doing it for ya if you wanna post the hoses to me at work.. :) (cut hoses and fit the fittings)

hes getting me a price dude for inline thermo and 4 fittings :)

if u need help with were pipes go let me no

Cheers Dan I'll go the same set up as yours want to keep the relocation kit. See with the pipes does it go from in to out, or out to out, in to in? If that make sense lol:)

Edit: Is it difficult to cut the braided lines then fit thew new fittings I thought it would be straight forward enough?

dan_ep82

Member +
Cheers Dan I'll go the same set up as yours want to keep the relocation kit. See with the pipes does it go from in to out, or out to out, in to in? If that make sense lol:)

Edit: Is it difficult to cut the braided lines then fit thew new fittings I thought it would be straight forward enough?

from what ive heard its simple enough to cut and fit the fittings :)

from the 'out' on the take off plate from the engine you want to go from the 'IN' on the filter relocation, then from the 'out' on that you wanna go to either side of the cooler then the last hose goes from cooler back to engine

the two hoses going to the cooler is where you will put the thermo mate :)

dantheman

Member +
it can be tricky without the tools but not impossible :p we got proper cutters for braided hoses so it makes a clean cut and just allows you to do a neat job of it. :) you will need a vice to hold the fitting whilst you push the hose in

dan_ep82

Member +
it can be tricky without the tools but not impossible :p we got proper cutters for braided hoses so it makes a clean cut and just allows you to do a neat job of it. :) you will need a vice to hold the fitting whilst you push the hose in

im going to give it a bash myself, cheers for the offer tho just cant be arsed with send ing stuff off hehe

Sorry lads had to go to the cinema Tropic Tunders a good laugh:) Cheers lads so I'll go with the Mocal inline thermo and get some of those fittings:)