automark, north east (UK)

glanza_kow

Member +
Just wondering if anyone has been there or knows anything about them?

Few lads I know with modded fords/mitsubishi's swear by him, really knows his stuff.

Just spoke to him on the phone and he seems sound. Said bring it to him for a look etc. He mentioned they do 'live mapping' and wants to see/figure out the fcon and gcc to tune the engine a little bit sweeter. So will this live mapping be able to 'get into' the hks units etc? He said a stand alone ecu would be better, but needs to check the car out 1st to give proper assumptions.

I want it on the road and possibly remapped as Im sure its running rich and just so I know everything about the running of the car, ie the boost pressure, bhp figures, afr ratio etc etc..

Ive got print outs of past tuning but since then the car has had a new ct9 turbo fitted and other parts added/taken off etc as it previously had a hybid setup installed. (removed as he wanted far too much for it)

Ive got a wepr manifold on the way to replace the mani Ive got on at the moment.

Its already got the Fcon and GCC and hks acctuator (set to 12psi), hks fuel cut, blitz bov, trd cams, and ignition advanced 5deg im sure, lightened toda flywheel and 4 paddle clutch with trd lsd.

ohh and the claimed forged crank, rods and pistons. Dont actually have the evidence on it but when it had the head skimmed by a motor engineering place they said the internals wernt standard, im sure they even mentioned goldish pistons. Any light to be shed on this? Im taking it with a pinch of salt as it was apparently done in Japan. Got receipts for the trd cams mind.

Just wanted a bit info as Im not brill with the 'tuning' of engines, Im a hgv (diesel) fitter by trade lol.

Sounds crazy this post I know, but just wanted to know if people had used him and with the mods on my glanza at the moment, will I be able to see more gains if its setup better. Motorscope set it up as far as I can gather, and I dont rate them at all.

cheers

Last edited:

glanza_kow

Member +

yeah I know all about them, but ive heard quite a few 'not so good' things about them.. Im going to take it to automark and see what he thinks and maybe take it to the lads at XO and compare their thinking...

I just want to know whats what with my car. The lad I bought it off was a bit slow to be honest and I cant get exact details off him lol. To many 'I thinks and I cant remember' kinda thing...

Good solid strong car, no faults and drives flawlessly, but just want to put my mind at ease and get it tuned/maped to the way I know and want it

(if this thread even makes a blind bit of sense lol)

xo are useless havnt got a clue what they doin wotso ever mate.
havnt heard of automark? theres that garage down birtley who tunes all the scoobies cant remeber the name but itll cum to me soon hes ment to be quite good.
Theres not many garages that actually no what they doing round our way me thinks.
hope all goes well mate.you gotta canny setup there