Baby Shampoo to wash car

matt walters

Member +
spoke to a lad earlier with a black civic coupe. every time i see him the car is gleeming.

he says he uses johnsons baby shampoo to wash it with, in warm water, hoses off soap after then microfibres it all down and it comes up like it did, looked like itd just been polished. (it hadnt, or at least he says not)

anyone else heard of this? seems to be worht a go as baby shampoo is a lot cheaper than car shampoo lol

Johnny_B

Member +
Haven't heard of it.

Shouldn't do the paintwork any harm though, seeing as you can get it in your eyes without it stinging!

Tanz

Lifer
Yes i have heard of this before and apparently i was just told there my an admin that the reason being is that baby shampoo is ph neutral and anything that is ph neutral is good for washing your car.....

now aint that a random one....:)

matt walters

Member +
im gonna give it a go, cant go wrong for 1.50 a bottle can ya really compared with 6 quid for autoglym or similar. he's tried everything on his civic and hes convinced its the best stuff hes used lol

Tanz

Lifer
no it is good enough alright and so is plain white sodium tooth paste for cleaning the scum on your headlights...lol..and thats no word of a lie....

plenty of other household items that are very good also....

welshowz

Member +
yeahh was going around the forums a while back think i saw it on a different forum but i've used it since does the job :)

AdDaMan

Member +
it doesnt strip off the wax that has been applied previously. Thats all. any PH neutral shampoo will do the same.

jonny-boi32

Member +
told the woman about this and she rushed out and bought some, needless to say with temperatures of -10 we havent tried it yet.lol

dac69er

Super Moderator
it doesnt have the other additives in it that are meant to remove road grime and bugs like proper car shampoo does.
i have also heard it is good though

JasonG

Member +
ive been told shampoo does a good job never tyed it tho gona wen the weather gets good;)
washin up liquid lol sumone told me to use that..ment to fade ur car isnt it??

dac69er

Super Moderator
ive been told shampoo does a good job never tyed it tho gona wen the weather gets good;)
washin up liquid lol sumone told me to use that..ment to fade ur car isnt it??

washing up liquid strips all the wax from the car.

its ok to use when you first get the car if its in a bit of a sorry state as it cleans all the crap off it. otherwise i would rather leave it dirty than use it.

JasonG

Member +
washing up liquid strips all the wax from the car.

its ok to use when you first get the car if its in a bit of a sorry state as it cleans all the crap off it. otherwise i would rather leave it dirty than use it.

thanks bud:)id never wash my car with it..brother done it a few times and must say does cum out dull...and faded:(
repped lad for help;)

tersplat

Member +
if you want to spend the time on a black car to make it shine like you wouldn't believe, try Turtle's Black Box. it is a 4 step process, and it took me about 10 hours to completely finish the outside of my paseo when prepping it for sale, but the difference that it made was absolutely incredible. heres some before and after pics.

Before
100_1856.jpg

100_1857.jpg

after
100_1922.jpg

100_1944.jpg

100_1931.jpg

and half of my other paseo's hood waxed while the other half was only washed with mguires car wash.
100_1908.jpg

can yall get this stuff over there. it comes in, yep you guessed it, a black box. It's made by Turtle.