Back firing on boost

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Just lately my car has developed this issue were when you go on boost its popping and banging constantly until you lift off and puffing out clouds of black and white smoke.

I fitted 330cc injectors but was confirmed on a RR that the car was overfueling more than the stock injectors were.

Ive just pulled out 2 plugs and they seem fine but did have a bit of oil on both of them.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Iain

dac69er

Super Moderator
try changing leads, plugs and disi cap and rotor arm if you ahvnt already. i had that exact same problem when my leads were playing up.

Rosco

Member +
Ian mate, try new spark plugs. Mine was doing the same kinda thing but without the smoke. I've still got the old HKS plugs and they look too but once I fitted the NGK ones I've not had a problem.

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Deffonatly sounds like an ignition problem, could be the spark is being washed out by the extra fuel, i would recomend, New spark plugs if that don't work ,Uprated Leads and or new dizzy cap and rotor

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
it only does this fter or near 10psi yes...i had the exact same prob and it was both plugs and leads and they seemed perfect but just weren't..

Iain@CRD

Lifer
the same thing happened on the old injectors, i do have a S-AFC2 that is going mapped this week but it done it before it was fitted and run fine.

Ill try new plugs, ive ordered them and ill give it ago if not then the leads etc.

Cheers guys and rosco :D

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
the same thing happened on the old injectors, i do have a S-AFC2 that is going mapped this week but it done it before it was fitted and run fine.

Ill try new plugs, ive ordered them and ill give it ago if not then the leads etc.

Cheers guys and rosco :D

if your running fmic..just remove one lead at a time while the car is running and the one that makes no difference is the one with the prob..

Iain@CRD

Lifer
cheers guys for all your help, if turns out the rotar arm has worn down and has a crack on it and the dizzy cap needs replacing.

Iain :)

Aga

Member +
you're lucky... i had a crack in my rotor arm, and the car left me 150kms away from home... from the first sign till the car finally stalled , i barely got 10kms...

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
similar thing happened to me 3 days b4 New Years , Was working and was rushing home and i was going away for it that night for a week and the car just conked and spluttered whenever i tried to start it turned out to be a knackered king lead, good old electrical tape got me home, i can imagine what the people thought when they seen a lanky young fella standing on the side of the road fucking and blinding at the car and then fixing it and jumping for joy and driving off into the sunset

Iain@CRD

Lifer
yup i sure was Aga!

It runs ALOT better now with new dizzy and rotar arm on it.

Lol franza just imagining that would be funny sh!t :D