Back to TRD....

supernova

Member +
Hi guys,

Haven't been on ina bit,most you should remember my EP91, then I switched to an EK9 to try out the Vtec y0 hype.

While impressed with the EK9's build quality and handling, it was quite boring...
To this day, I still regret selling my EP91 as I spent so much time and energy into it!

Anyway, now I've traded the Honda for another Toyota, so have a look and tell us what you think ;)

DSC01815.jpg

DSC01819.jpg

DSC01820.jpg

DSC01812.jpg

DSC01813.jpg

DSC01814.jpg

DSC01821.jpg

Yup its an AE86 Trueno with some tasty mods too like TRD 2 way diff, Mani, 5Zigen exhaust, OS Giken clutch to name but a few!
My first RWD and I'm loving it, however, gotta be always on your guard especially in the wet! As the back end comes out so easily! Haha

gv1.3

Admin
love it :) I fear you may have upset some of the Honda fanboys but I am sure they will get over it.

supernova

Member +
Haha I'm still thinking about it Johnny, would really love a hatch but I'm just so impressed how clean this one is, no rust at all!

JayEP82

Member +
oh dear, dont upset the honda boys...they might scare us with there v-tecs!!:p
dont swop this 1 4 sure... i will buy it off ya:rockon:

supernova

Member +
thats the chance you will take with another one.
you still got my red recaro lying around?

Nah, couldn't get it to fit even though I was told it was straight bolt on -_- Well I did after some modding but it was way too high, so sold it on and got an EK9 recaro instead!

dantheman

Member +
vtec n/a does get boring your not wrong.. but turbo vtec wont ;););)

looks nice, one thing though.. does it not feel like a step back having a car that old after driving semi modern cars like the civic/starlet? kinda like driving an old capri or something? always wanted an ae86 but dont think it would do me for the daily commute

supernova

Member +
I wouldn't say a step back but something totally different! However, was surprised the first time when I drove it and how pokey it is! And I love the sound of the 4-ag on full blast!

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Personally i like the look of the Levin better but that is nice. a few small bits and it'll look great

Ooomoo

Member +
Ooo nice, always wanted a ae86 but finding good ones are hard now, unless your paying silly money for them, your next next mod is twin weber carbs, then have a sex wee at the noise lol