bad signs?!?

carrington865

Member +
i have been havin boost issues for about 15 days now. now i dont even hit full boost. its laggy and hits about .7ish (full was 1 bar) then instantly drops to .3-.4 as it does this it makes a strange dump valve sort of noise.

have had the car checked over and there are no boost leaks. dump valve dont leak.

when i sit on idle for a while i get smoke out the exhaust. not always but more frequently over last week.

also noticed that the dump valve is spitting out oil quite badly.

i believe the turbo is dead. is there any other possibilitys?

y3Lo

Member +
piston rings? get a compression test done to rule that out. sounds more likely your turbo though

CMR

Member +
15~ mins and you can do it yourself. Get to halfords or similiar and pickup a tester.

Hundreds of guides on google, maybe one on here too.

durmz

Member +
yeh good point mate. i never had a compression test done b4. how long does it take and roughly how much does it cost?

15~ mins and you can do it yourself. Get to halfords or similiar and pickup a tester.

Hundreds of guides on google, maybe one on here too.

yer justs cmr said, some people are jammy, get one from halfords, use it, then take it back :haha:

free compression test lol

carrington865

Member +
cheers guys i jus looked on google how to do it. does seem pretty easy to do. il get round to it soon.

what sort of reading should i be getting on the pistons??

durmz

Member +
cheers guys i jus looked on google how to do it. does seem pretty easy to do. il get round to it soon.

what sort of reading should i be getting on the pistons??

i may be completely wrong here but believe ure looking for about 140-160, most important thing is that there the same, if ones completely off u know that ones fucked.

someone please correct me if im wrong there.

carrington865

Member +
ok cheers. if one is miles out then i guess it would be piston rings or head gasket. is there any other things it could be caused by?