Balancing Clutch & Flywheel?

Idrees

Banned
Hey guys,

I've read about balancing clutches and flywheels before fitting, is this necessary? And where can you get it done from?

I'm fitting a used TRD clutch (took it out to replace with a paddle clutch but now going back to stock power).

I'm gonna be selling the car once it's on so definitely want no problems with anything, rather pay and get the job done properly.

Should I get it balanced? Also what does balancing do?

Thanks in advance.

thefalls

Member +
If you will be revving more than 7500 rpm then balancing is a must otherwise its not worth it as there are people who havent balanced their engines and still using their car without faults!

Idrees

Banned
Ah so it's for high performance?

Nah it's going to be running stock power so I'll just leave it.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
you need to balance it with the crank. crank/flywheel/clutch. im sure your not going to remove the crank just to balance it. and its not really needed. youl be fine bud ;)

starlet666

Member +
i have mine rev to 8500 alot and didnt get it balanced.... i have revved it up to 10 a few times and has no problems.... i hade the flywheel balanced to the crank during the build just not the clutch.... but the clutch is a custom one that was balanced alone aswell so maybe it helped with no vibrations