Battery Light Flash

nitish

Fresh Recruit
Hi guys!

well been driving back home last nite and having a little problem. My car cd player started to play bit low and i saw the battery warning light on. I did notice that my internal light and in the speedometer as well bit much brighter than usual as well in my EVC. But it does get back to normal after sometime and the battery warning light goes off but this morning again it started.

Should I change my battery or did someone came across the same problem as mine?

Cheers

jam

Member +
yes your alternator need to be service mate perhaps its the internal regulator or diode please have a check.

lingl9z

Member +
alternator - agree'd had this problem on my old car lasted a while with the light coming on and off, but died in the end!

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Seems odd as you are getting brighter lights, should be the other way around, are you sure it's not shorting out on something? Usually when the alternator is on the way out you get a number of lights, could be battery light, cat temperature light etc as they all run on the same circuit.

Get a multi meter on the alternator and report your readings, could be on the way out or could be a simple short or as Chris said belt related. Make sure all your earths are clean as well and report back :)

T

350ep70gr

Member +
When i had this prob with the alternator belt also the car when was giving a battery light on was a bit faster because of the disangage of the alternator load. You can test it with a multimeter across the battery. Should give anything above 13,1 V (13,7v for 4e if i am not mistaken).It is easy to do. Check when battery light is on!;)