battery relocation. what size cable?

matt walters

Member +
Hi guys anyone know if 16mm cable will be ok on my v or will i.need 25mm?

Big difference in price so.don't wanna.waste money :)

If.anyone.could let me know asap please.

Many thanks

dark_knight

Member +
wire gauge

16mm will work mate. actually that's even a little chunkier than the minimum requirement. just make sure that you get proper junction terminators & end-points where you join the wires up. if you are doing it yourself, ensure you use rubber boots/grommets to protect the exposed elements or use lots and loads of electrical tape to prevent possible shorts & car fires.. :)

the starlet is not a very power hungry car and a 16mm heavy gauge wire will hold the current well. actually, the most amount of current is only drawn when cranking the engine..

matt walters

Member +
16mm will work mate. actually that's even a little chunkier than the minimum requirement. just make sure that you get proper junction terminators & end-points where you join the wires up. if you are doing it yourself, ensure you use rubber boots/grommets to protect the exposed elements or use lots and loads of electrical tape to prevent possible shorts & car fires.. :)

the starlet is not a very power hungry car and a 16mm heavy gauge wire will hold the current well. actually, the most amount of current is only drawn when cranking the engine..

nice one mate. yeah everything will be sound. should be anyway Im a sparky lol