battery terminal adaptor

leeroyV

Member +
got a grounding kit fitted to the car which has a standard sized battery terminal connector fitted but i have got a new battery with the smaller jap battery terminals...

anyone know where i can get an adaptor so the larger connectors fit the smaller terminals??

turbojim

Lifer
usually the batteries come with a sleeve over the smaller terminal so you might get one off your local motor factors

Rev

Member +
Would say convertors need to be a perfect fit and shape with no dirt etc. so all the conducting surface is utilised. When I changed a battery recently from small to large terminals I found out the small terminals work with less suface area because they are alloy coated and conduct more than the brass terminals. Brass brass terminals are bigger in surface area because they need to be as brass has more resistance.

Last edited:

Paul_JJ

Member +
When I was fitting a UK battery to my Old Jap imported Starlet, I just bought new terminals from Halfrauds, for like 2 quid, cut off the old termninals and put the new ones on.... Wasn't a hard job really, looked nice though!