bc coilovers

WillGT

Member +
fitted my bc coilovers a couple of hours ago but whats the proper way to adjust these do you undo the bottom lock nut or do you actualy lower the springs on the to rings instructions on this have confused me. any help will be rep'd. thanks

WillGT

Member +
done now how hard are these supposed to be tho feel well harder than my old oem shocks and gmax springs this supposed to feel like this?

Start with no pre load load on the springs. When you have them on the car you can loosen the lower collar and then turn the whole assembly through the bottom mount to raise or lower. Then start with them on the softest damping setting and work from there. They will be harder than shocks and springs but are very easy to get a good ride

WillGT

Member +
Start with no pre load load on the springs. When you have them on the car you can loosen the lower collar and then turn the whole assembly through the bottom mount to raise or lower. Then start with them on the softest damping setting and work from there. They will be harder than shocks and springs but are very easy to get a good ride

thanks alot dave will leave reps now, sorted it now anyway haha as long as they are supposed to be stiffer is there anyway taking it for alignment tomorrow so fingers crossed should be nice then feel abit weird at the mo lol

If you have them on the damper settings that you got them they will be pretty firm. Mine where on setting 8 when I got them with 1 or 0 being the hardest.

Once I got the car's wheels aligned I had to soften them up as I only drove to the place at 30mph so never noticed how hard they where until I could go above 30 and not die.

somal

Member +
i've got bc racing, i've got it on the softest and had a pull around the track today, felt awesome