BC Racing coilovers review

turboflow

Member +
Before i start thank you to dave burwash for supplying these superb shocks.

On friday i picked up a set of bc racing coilovers from mr burwash and first thing saturday mornning fitted them.

They were amazingly easy to fit, just fell in place really. once they were all on the car i raised all four to a similar height and set the camber to roughly 1.20 degs before putting on the wheels ad lowering her back down, i was pleasantly surprised to see the car at a near standard height as i thought it would be very low from what people with other make coilovers have said about the heightest setting beinng too low and then having them too stiff. i did a check and promptly headed out for the drive and setting them at 2 from the hardest for a giggle was not sso much a giggle but a shaking lol. i got out and softened them to a much softer setting and i could not believe how comfortable but sterdy it was. i know they should not come together but they really were an amazing feel. i then went and got them alligned and then wet for a play and i have not had so much fun in my car for a long time even though it was in the wet cant wait for some dry.
This was the best 600 i have ever spent, they are a great handling mod and they look fan bloody tastic. i nice sterdy look and the powder coatinng is perfect.

a superb piece of kit so thankyou my burwash

owen

dac69er

Super Moderator
do these come with the correct fixings already in place for the brake line and abs (if abs is fitted) or are they just universal brackets like with the D2s?

turboflow

Member +
not sure on the abs but the brake line brackets are there direct fit with the thread for the original bolt, its a direct swap as far as i know, they worked from an original starlet shock apparently so they could incorpoarte all the brackets aswell as getting the ride heights correct and damping, i assuming that anyway.

they really are a great shock you would not be dissapointed

Julian-ep91

Member +
yes they do come with the correct fittings for brake lines and abs and i totally agree with turboflow they are the best coilovers, better than teins!! best £500 i ever spent :)

Gee

Member +
What do you mean about the height no being too low when set hard/soft?

I thought with these and D2's you could adjust the height and damper settings seperately?

turboflow

Member +
sorry unclear
my mate has a set of d2's and the hieghest setting is too low and he had to put them on the hardest setting to stop the tyres hitting the arch. he keeps spinning out now lol

Sigma

Member +
Error between seat and steering wheel!

Haha.

Going to be riding with a set of these in the new year :)

Gee

Member +
I swear, to keep spinning out on D2 must mean a real...real lack of driving skill or a very retarded setup.

dac69er

Super Moderator
I swear, to keep spinning out on D2 must mean a real...real lack of driving skill or a very retarded setup.

D2s aint great on the worst of roads but you must be driving a car with a playstation controller to keep spinning it all the time

turboflow

Member +
not my car its my mates so not my poor set up or lack of driving skill, but he has defo done something wrong then for looking at wat peeps are sayin lol