bee r rev limiter, good or bad?

Martin Broon

Member +
looking to get a bee r rev limiter for launch controll, but how hard are these on your turbo? any down falls with having it fitted?

srankin90

Member +
hard on turbo and engine. my turbo didnt last too long and either did my engine. Suppose it wouldnt be too bad for just using it for launch control at drag days

Martin Broon

Member +
yeh im running a fully forged td05, and really just wanted it for launch controll, only going to be going to drag days every so often
so maybey i would be ok just using it for that?

srankin90

Member +
What ecu are you running. can you not just run launch control through that? personally i would never use it again

Martin Broon

Member +
running a E-manage Ultimate, just got my td05 mapped from a guy close to me, he said if i wanted launch controll i would need a bee r revlimiter
as he cant run a launch controll on the E-manage Ultimate system? what problems did you have with it if any?

Rory

Lifer
If your thinking of launch control for crail, spend the money else where. Theres no grip to be had with any ammount of boost from the traps there.
Better of practicing launching somewhere quiet ;)

Martin Broon

Member +
your right their aint, my 60 ft time was poor, could do with wider wheels and tires and a better tire, may be better spending my money
on that

srankin90

Member +
running a E-manage Ultimate, just got my td05 mapped from a guy close to me, he said if i wanted launch controll i would need a bee r revlimiter
as he cant run a launch controll on the E-manage Ultimate system? what problems did you have with it if any?
but emange ultimate has an option for launch control does it not?

Rory

Lifer
Due to the surface the 60ft will always be poor, even on proper wrinkle walls.
Suspension is another factor to look at.
My 13.3 was run on normal road tyres, fairly kek suspension and full trim. theres more to be had from your motor before spending anymore cash ;)

your right their aint, my 60 ft time was poor, could do with wider wheels and tires and a better tire, may be better spending my money
on that

As for the bee-r, i wouldnt bother with one, alot of horror stories going about.
Yes the EMU does have some kind of launch control, but i dont think it works to well. When i had the EMU i never run it.