Bee-R Rev Limiter

ChrisGT

Member +
Howdy folks,

Yeah, just looking at one of these no rhdjapan (£122 delivered) and wanna know if anybody has one on their starlet? If so, how much was it to fit? Any problems with it? And more imporantly - can you get a video up a.s.a.p lol

Cheers,
Chris.

Nwimie

Member +
its a rough device if your using it as a type of launch control but its great for flames and bangs!

ChrisGT

Member +
Yeah, I only want it for the fun factor! Theres an Omex rev limiter for half the price, any good?

tom_hunt

Member +
Iv got one on mine. They dont work properly unless you have a decat pipe.
I had a garage fit mine and it was £30 to do so. Wicked bit of kit if your in to launching :) plus you get the flames n bangs which I guess are cool. Iv got a few videos of me driving down the motorway dipping my clutch n doing so my brother could take a video. Some of the flames are massive. I will try n sort them out for you

Tom

GP82

Member +
It will put more thermal load on your pistons, creates heat, alot if your running high boost at the set rev limit. Sounds good, does the job, but i'm not a fan. Have you looked into the race logic traction control system, fully adjustable, lots more features, does'nt put strain on your engine.

tom_hunt

Member +
Here is some info taken from a web site. Its very useful and states that it will not course engine damage

The way in which it works differs from the factory rev limiter in that it is an ignition cut, as opposed to a fuel cut. The reason for this is because if an engine (particularly turbocharged) regularly hits a fuel-cut rev limit (such as in high performance driving, or particularly drifting) engine damage can arise due to the lean condition produced when the original ECU shuts off the fuel pump. The BEE*R rev-limiter allows fuel to pass into the engine still, limiting engine speed by disabling the ignition signal. The Bee*R rev limiter is fully adjustable in 500rpm increments, for safety reasons allowing only a lower rev-limit to be configured than standard. If you have spent a lot of money tuning your engine, or are running at high RPM’s for extended periods of time, it could be recommended to run a lower rev-limit to prolong engine life. Both Formula 1 and JGTC cars use ignition cutting rev limiters, so it is a fully race proven concept

And this info is about having a decat pipe n not a standard cat

Note: We would recommend the fitment of a Cat Replacement pipe when fitting this item if not already fitted to the vehicle otherwise the catalyser may become damaged over time when the device is active. A cat replacement pipe will also allow flames to become more visible from the exhaust when the device is active.

Hope this helps.

Tom

tom_hunt

Member +
Abit more info

The Bee*R can also be used as a “two stage rev limiter”, as an aid for launching your car. The Bee*R is configurable for two different rev-limits. A lower rev limit can be activated by a switch, the handbrake switch often being used. This configurable lower limit, can be set to the optimum RPM to launch your particular car from in 500rpm increments. When the handbrake is released, the usual rev limit comes into action, allowing quick launches, and full performance down the strip.

The Bee*R rev-limiter has another final neat feature. The gain control knob allows you to adjust the frequency of the ignition cut. This in turn changes the frequency and sound of the flames and bangs from your exhaust!

Tom

Fishy89GT

Banned
the bee*r is piss easy to instal, i have one on my SR

i did a vid, ill find it for you...

also you can use it with a cat, but that engulfs the flames so you wont get them coming out of the back...!

Fishy89GT

Banned
someone has one on here, its on an ep91 n/a sounds ace, but ive heard it screws your cat.

Hope you were talking about mine :p, as i thought i was the only one with it on an n/a!

Any way heres a little vid, you cant really hear the difference from engine noice to the bangs as the sound quality was gash..!

Starlet SR With Bee-R 2 Step Rev Limit Popping a Little Blue Flame

They are the best thing in the world, so much fun to use specially in built up areas as they are soooo loud!

Camy

Fresh Recruit
does someone can post me the wiring diagram to plug my Bee*R? i've just buy one used and i need the winring diagram to install it... iff you have the wiring for both EP82 and EP91 I will be proud!:gt-smilie: