Been busy with the GT this weekend! New look!

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
Hi.

I have spent the last week slowly re-furbing some roaster wheels to put on the GT. First time I've ever done any spray work and I'm reasonably happy with the result! ...It's not the greatest though up close!

Also got up rediculously early saturday morning and replaced the stock suspension with D2 coilovers. Really happy with the new appearance as it looked like it was on stilts before lol. Handling is hugely improved, but extremely hard lol! Ordered some OMP harnessess aswell, hopefully have them fitted before japshow finale!

Hopefully pics will work (first time trying photobucket). First one is of how they were!

Thanks for looking!

Starlet2_001.jpg

SDC10444.jpg

SDC10445.jpg

SDC10480.jpg

SDC10473.jpg

SDC10452.jpg

SDC10474.jpg

SDC10456.jpg

(No animals were harmed in the making, except when he stepped on a thistle lol :p)

Idrees

Banned
Looks lovely.

My GT is the same colour, and I liked the look of my White rims when I had them too.

dac69er

Super Moderator
look nice mate, alot better than the chavtastic set that was on there. are they ryans old black ones????

where did you get the D2's from? he didnt sell you them too did he?

is that where you live? looks really nice place. lots of outbuildings to use as a workshop ;)

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
Thanks for the comments guys :D

Duncan: Na I bought these when I got my first car 2 years ago ( '96 1.4 cl polo) but they did'nt fit lol so have sat in my garage since. They are the same wheels as ryans though.

Bought the D2's off Ryan yeh, I understand he bought them off you first lol?? Keeping 'em local! Did'nt think they'd be that hard lol will take some getting used to.

Yeh it's just outside my house. Got the space for a workshop, but got f**k all tools lol need to start accumulating them! Hav'nt got a single piece of handstanding though so all jack work is done on grass ...which is a little sketchy haha!

dac69er

Super Moderator
just a bit. is it not concrete based in the outbuildings???

what suspension does ryan have on his now then? i saw him today, but just passing the other way!

will you be taking your car up the strip at satapod??

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
Yeh but they're filled up with crap, loadsa boxes in there from when we moved .... 6 years ago. Got a fully-restored 1973 MG Midget under covers in there aswell, exhaust fell off at the manifold last time it got taken out though so it sounds like a V8 lol.

He has BC Racing coilies on his glanza now, bought them brand new.

Will be keeping the starlet on the clubstand mate, 1/4 mile action doesn't really interest me to be honest (probably get slaughtered for saying that on here lol!).

Hav'nt driven it much yet because the tracking needs doing asap, but the tires on front are 205's and 185's on the back, so I want to see if it's ok or if it upsets the handling too much.

dac69er

Super Moderator
1/4 mile is worth a pop just to say you have. also a way of gauging how much faster the car is after mods. thats all im doing it for really ;)

S

starlet300

shame aint it, most ones i see now days are in poor condition compared to 2-3 years ago. he did get a bargain tbf

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
:D :D :D Wicked compliments!

The inside is a tip at the moment, random car parts everywhere lol. Will get it clean by Japshow and will have to take the rear carpet out to fit the harnesses.

I was very lucky in that the previous owner had taken very good care with it, he'd owned it for 5 years. Used it as his sunday weekend toy and serviced it every 3000km!! Bought some meguairs wax yesterday, never tried it before I'm hoping it will shine it up nicely.

S

starlet300

auto glym super resin is alright, but personally id g3 it or use 3M cutting compound/polish on it and mop it down, then use resin polish, bring it up like new, you got any ideas power wise?

dac69er

Super Moderator
i find the likes of G3 compound puts loads of small scratches in the paint. its ok, but wouldnt use it unless your getting rid of marks or trying to blend paintwork.

super resin to start with then some mequirs wax will do the job fine ;)

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
I've always used autoglym on previous cars and rate is highly. Fancied trying meguairs to see how it compares.

Going to keep it how it is for a while (it has a nice 2.5" staight through). Will stick an induction kit on it and stop there for now.

In the fairly near future I would like to get a manifold & front mount with the aim to achieve 180bhp ... just to make it a little more pokey.

Need to start saving for a house with my gf ... originally I was'nt going to do anything to it, but that has'nt happened lol!

S

starlet300

well i shall have a Genuine blitz fmic for sale in 2-3 weeks bud :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
I've always used autoglym on previous cars and rate is highly. Fancied trying meguairs to see how it compares.

Going to keep it how it is for a while (it has a nice 2.5" staight through). Will stick an induction kit on it and stop there for now.

In the fairly near future I would like to get a manifold & front mount with the aim to achieve 180bhp ... just to make it a little more pokey.

Need to start saving for a house with my gf ... originally I was'nt going to do anything to it, but that has'nt happened lol!

dont worry about an induction kit unless your going to fit a front mounted one mate. its not worth the bother and will hurt performance more than gain you anything