been thinking

mattwho

Member +
now ive been relagated to a saxo vtr
well my dad has built a few cars in his time and im planing on maybe putting the vts/gti engine in my saxo but wht i want to know is is the convertion easy? and allso i want to turbo it but it would be more fun to do it myself befor i put the engine in and i dont want to buy a kit for megga £££££ so i want to buy bits from say the starlet engine I.E turbo and other parts needed then just use a intercooler from sumin other!!! i just need to know what to do as i have the time and the means as in garage!! do put a thiker gasket on to lower comp and so on?

cole

Member +
well my dad has built a few cars in his time and im planing on maybe putting the vts/gti engine in my saxo but wht i want to know is is the convertion easy? and allso i want to turbo it but it would be more fun to do it myself befor i put the engine in and i dont want to buy a kit for megga £££££ so i want to buy bits from say the starlet engine I.E turbo and other parts needed then just use a intercooler from sumin other!!! i just need to know what to do as i have the time and the means as in garage!! do put a thiker gasket on to lower comp and so on?

lol !

go on a saxo forum am sure theyl no more about it than us

and seems like your throwing alot of money into a saxo when you could probly buy a starlet for cheaper

Dingle

Member +
my friend Turbo'd his saxo. It was rapid ,but he went through so many gearboxes, think he said it was 8

Mate the vts conversion is an easy one to do!

As for turbo`in the engine, im afraid to say its an expensive conversion.

At college i did a project on turbo`in and n/a car and at the time my bro at a saxo so a did it on the 1.6 8v vtr engine, once you`ve totalled up everything you could get a seriously good GT for the money.

Imo do the vts conversion, then run uprated exhaust,manifold,induction then run it on a unichip with cams and you`l keep up with a few modded GT`s trust me less expensive plus you`l not gothrough gearbox`s like socks

c.

cole

Member +
Mate the vts conversion is an easy one to do!

As for turbo`in the engine, im afraid to say its an expensive conversion.

At college i did a project on turbo`in and n/a car and at the time my bro at a saxo so a did it on the 1.6 8v vtr engine, once you`ve totalled up everything you could get a seriously good GT for the money.

Imo do the vts conversion, then run uprated exhaust,manifold,induction then run it on a unichip with cams and you`l keep up with a few modded GT`s trust me less expensive plus you`l not gothrough gearbox`s like socks

c.

or better still leave it stock and save for a gt

Johnny_C

Lifer

c.
if he done that,it would eat the arse off a standard gt,and a few modded ones.

Johnny_C

Lifer
ye but theres no potential left

look at a gt you can go well over 350 bhp a vts wont see half of that
and how much money will it cost to see 350bhp on a starlet,you could turbo the saxo on that sort of budget.
just making a point.:)