Best Car Speakers ??

SaRfI

Member +
AS TTITLE SAYS just wondering what are the best 6x9 speakers available.

have few in mind like JBL or Infinity what are the best speakers in yours opinion guys cheers.

SaRfI

Member +
a certain model though...

certain model hmm i know wat you mean mate but i dont think i can get them kinda certain speakers at local halford ??? was at halford they have loadz of speakers for display and you can hear emm all there were pioneer ones for 200 quids they sounds good but they didnt sound good as infinity speakers.

cheers any way appriciated

SaRfI

Member +
in halfords they will sound different to what they wil be like in your car...

ahh the reason im not too keen on pioneer my mate have them in car they are coool but arent tat bassy you know wat i mean ...thinks ill give it a go to alpine type r thanks ;)

BomB191

Member +
boashmen all the way iv been through sony, pioneer and alpine, with the boshmen setup i have now its doing relly well

b0t13

Fresh Recruit
for a good sound system leave 6x9's alone, there the lexus lights of sound systems...

get upgraded front componants and sub and amp for a GOOD sound system.

i have pioneer door speakers and JBL sub & amp

BomB191

Member +
in my play for sounds in the car the best way to to is upgraded front like "bot13" said with tweeters some good and powerfull 6x9s in the back and 1 or 2 deasent subs with a amp that powers just a little bit more then the subs need. all acompyed with a good head unit.
or corse if you want to get relly sereious just high power everything top grade speakers all round and power them with amps and some DVC subs with a capasater so your lights dont flash like a strobe light

59bhp

Member +
leave 6 x 9's alone mate, they sound naff and are naff lol

get a decent set of fronts and a sub and it will sound 100 times better than just having a set of 6 x 9's. For a top of the range set of 6 x 9's you can get a budget sub and amp then save a little more for the fronts. It doesnt even have to be the best quality to sound good. Trust me mate you will not regret when your eyeballs are shaking from bass and you can still hear the music clearly.

Oh and the most important part of a sound system is the headunit, this is the main component you should be looking to upgrade before anything else. Try and get a mainstream brand one preferably japanese or american. Just get the best one you can afford.

BomB191

Member +
leave 6 x 9's alone mate, they sound naff and are naff lol

get a decent set of fronts and a sub and it will sound 100 times better than just having a set of 6 x 9's. For a top of the range set of 6 x 9's you can get a budget sub and amp then save a little more for the fronts. It doesnt even have to be the best quality to sound good. Trust me mate you will not regret when your eyeballs are shaking from bass and you can still hear the music clearly.

Oh and the most important part of a sound system is the headunit, this is the main component you should be looking to upgrade before anything else. Try and get a mainstream brand one preferably japanese or american. Just get the best one you can afford.

no headunit to music so quite true.

but i dont see the problem with 6X9s in the parcle tray as well as the front speakers cuz then you have allround sound. it would sound weird having mid to high range coming from the front and the "doff doff" coming from the back

59bhp

Member +
you should hear it mate, i think it sounds weird with rear speakers, especially in a hatch.

Well you cant tell where bass is coming from lol so it wont sound like its coming from the back. Most sound off competators wont have rear speakers at all just the fronts and a sub(s)

I admit 6 x 9's are good for when your at a cruise etc becuase then your car sounds really loud as the music is right there but me personally (and i think most would agree) 6 x 9's are a bit of a waste of money if you want to build a good system. If you dont wanna build a full system then all my advice is kinda pointless lol

Adam_Glanza

Member +
had some 6x9's in my old car,

they where 600w the most powerful around lol better than crappy alpine,

they where a company called inphase look them up

Rutger

Member +
i have the loudest.com speakers with a 3000w amp. its a good system.
quality of the sound/bass etc is good. The speakers and amp weigh alot tho. so if you are som1 who tried to keep weight to a minimum,,, then probably find somthing else :p

Rut

6x9s theres no such thing as a decent set there awful especially in a parcel shelf with a sub beneath it.

best set up you can have, nice sub in the boot amped, and decent components in the front amped end of no need for rear speakers ruins your sound stage.

If your really that concerned about passengers being able to hear the music, put in a cheap set of rear speakers sumwhere not in the parcel shelf tho.

And amp them also then put a switch in the remote lead for the rear speakers amp, so that you can turn them on and off as you please.

SaRfI

Member +
cheers lads .i dont want to put to much weight in ma car with amps and subs lol just bought alipine system with 600 watt speakers on back and 500 watt in front and alpine head unit cant wait:p

C

CaL

my jbls are ACE! and im getting 6000watt of pioneer stuff in the future