best ecu for hybrid

conorIRLgt

Member +
not sure on what to go for most likely going to be running 1 to 1.2 bar will have all supporting mods and most likely some sort of blitz boost controller and also where to get it mapped in ireland ? seems to be a lot of options and another thing with the plug and play ecus do you still have to get them checked or is it usuallly safe ?

thanks for replies in advance

GT_Irl

Member +
I had a mines ecu with my last hybrid..was awesome but eventually went bang. I had my fueling checked initially, my mistake for not checking it more regularly.
I ran my second hybrid (glanza this time) with an emanage ultimate. Managed 197bhp at 1 bar with a topmount. I fully recommend EMU :) You could go emanage blue and it would probably do the trick just fine but a friend of mine had a supercharged altezza (in Cork) and his EMB lept resetting itself every time the battery went down some.

The hybrid/EMU combo was immense in my opinion. Changing to a link G4 storm/K26 setup now though :p

conorIRLgt

Member +
its hard to know what to do who mapped yours iv been told you still have to get the plug and plays checked bit of a bummer ? all money tho :(

GT_Irl

Member +
emu will be spot on, chris@ccm off here could map it

x2. I got mine mapped by ECC because Chris was unavailable. I will be getting my new setup mapped by Chris though. Not sure if this is true but apparently if you are running the injectors near their max duty cycle (which you will be on a hybrid at 1.1 -1.2 bar.....mine were at 95%) - you may need to get the fueling checked 3-4 weeks after getting the map done as having the injectors near their max throws the map slightly out of whack. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will see this and comment - or ask Chris!

p.s Chris's prices are ace!

having had both plug and play & piggyback I would have to say a properly mapped piggyback (although less insane than my mines plug and play - as the mines was also advancing timing!!!!) is the way to go. Plug and play could end up costing you alot in the long run and ya you will need to get the fuleing regularly checked

buckets

Member +
x2. I got mine mapped by ECC because Chris was unavailable. I will be getting my new setup mapped by Chris though. Not sure if this is true but apparently if you are running the injectors near their max duty cycle (which you will be on a hybrid at 1.1 -1.2 bar.....mine were at 95%) - you may need to get the fueling checked 3-4 weeks after getting the map done as having the injectors near their max throws the map slightly out of whack. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will see this and comment - or ask Chris!

p.s Chris's prices are ace!

having had both plug and play & piggyback I would have to say a properly mapped piggyback (although less insane than my mines plug and play - as the mines was also advancing timing!!!!) is the way to go. Plug and play could end up costing you alot in the long run and ya you will need to get the fuleing regularly checked
ive been told ccm to go to for tunning toyotas seems he knows his stuff

conorIRLgt

Member +
going to go with an emb or emu now glad i didnt go plug and play seems to be a lot of messing around with fuelling ...much to wireing in an emb ?