best place too buy a civic rad?

danb87

South East England Area Rep
needing too replace my radiator as its got a bit of damage, i want a civic 1/2 sized rad an fan, i saw one sell for £60 so im guessin you can pick them up for around that?

any ideas on where too get one around that price an a fan aswel that will fit?

also do standard pipes fit?

all help will be repped

thanks

churcherj

Member +
needing too replace my radiator as its got a bit of damage, i want a civic 1/2 sized rad an fan, i saw one sell for £60 so im guessin you can pick them up for around that?

any ideas on where too get one around that price an a fan aswel that will fit?

also do standard pipes fit?

all help will be repped

thanks

buy a civic alloy rad off ebay, than get yourself a 12inch slimline hi power fan and mount it to the radiator, can make brackets or just use something like this:

http://www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=RadFixingKit&cat=26

u can pick up a slimline fan from ebay for about 35 quid posted and a rad fairly cheap too, should see you through

heres a fan, not the best but will do the job!:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12-30cm-SLIM-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20b0e54d1a

danb87

buy a civic alloy rad off ebay, than get yourself a 12inch slimline hi power fan and mount it to the radiator, can make brackets or just use something like this:

http://www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=RadFixingKit&cat=26

u can pick up a slimline fan from ebay for about 35 quid posted and a rad fairly cheap too, should see you through

heres a fan, not the best but will do the job!:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12-30cm-SLIM-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20b0e54d1a

any links for a decent rad that will do the job?

Shorty

Member +
alloy will help keep the temps down where as a standard one my absorb heat soak and be slightly less effective :D i used an "asi racing" one again can be got from ebay, works perfectly.

Phil

Super Moderator
both weejohn and me have had the ebay or xs power whatever name they go under "ALLOY RACING CIVIC RAD" and they pop, maybe not striaght away but they do eventually warp under the heat and start leaking.

id go for a stock radiator and fan all day if i could fit it in. and if not a stock civic one(like the one i sold to spuddy like a numpty before i bought my all singing all dancing all ...... leaking racing alloy pisstake)

if you can fit a stock one in.

do it :)

Phil

affy

Lifer
got o your local scrapys mate, i got mine for £40 with fan which i adjusted to fit onto the starlet switch,

people say the stock ones are shite, but i've been running it on my k24 setup and even at high tempratures stuck in motorwy jams and it performs well, and mines lasted more than a few who are using the ebay alloys versions :rockon:

if you want to spend more then go ahead get it off ebay :p lol

the stocks ones are fine :),

danb87

well i might look into them xs ones, mixed replys bout them lol if not i can get a dirt cheap standard civic one off a mate who owns a scrappy

Phil

Super Moderator
yup i had the asi.

if you look at the 150quid alloy rad that corrollaman is selling in the classifieds its the same thing.

i had it in the car for over a year too, but once it had warped, it was heaved out any the stock 20yr old one went back in and its still going to this day.

Phil

danb87

do the standard pipes fit on these rads ok? or am i guna need too get diffrent pipes ?

also ive been told that i can fit the standard fan also is that correct?

churcherj

Member +
well i might look into them xs ones, mixed replys bout them lol if not i can get a dirt cheap standard civic one off a mate who owns a scrappy

where have you read up about the xs power radiators? im fitting mine saturday so want to know of any issues? seems like a pretty strong unit, at the end of the day you get what you pay for

danb87

where have you read up about the xs power radiators? im fitting mine saturday so want to know of any issues? seems like a pretty strong unit, at the end of the day you get what you pay for

im only going by wat im readin here, i think theres a risk with watever you buy, nuffings ever 100% guranteed not too break lol

do the standard pipes fit the civic 1/2 styled rads?

churcherj

Member +
im only going by wat im readin here, i think theres a risk with watever you buy, nuffings ever 100% guranteed not too break lol

do the standard pipes fit the civic 1/2 styled rads?

i dont wana sound funny but you cant go by what one person says lol, im sure many people have used them ok, im sure it will be fine for daily use, maybe if its tracked alot you would want to get something better quality, as shorty said he used his rad fine and still going strong. do u have silicone pipes or the stock ones? i know the samco rad sets fit.

Shorty

Member +
yup i had the asi.

if you look at the 150quid alloy rad that corrollaman is selling in the classifieds its the same thing.

i had it in the car for over a year too, but once it had warped, it was heaved out any the stock 20yr old one went back in and its still going to this day.

Phil

ill keep an eye on it now then just incase cheers phil ;) repped for the warning :)