Best turbo to run

sammasson

Member +
Hi whats the best turbo to run on a full forged engine, I am running a TD04 but whats better TD05, godzilla or keep TD04

russyb

Member +
I just got my hands on a ct12/ct9 hybrid ready for my forged build, as my goals are the same im sacrificing bhp for acceleration

russyb

Member +
yeah acceleration lol ?
i.e A Increase in the rate or speed of something

smaller turbos like ct9's ct12's etc spool up much quicker than bigger turbos and come on full boost much sooner than bigger turbos increasing the rate or acceleration quicker with little to no lag

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
yeah acceleration lol ?
i.e A Increase in the rate or speed of something

smaller turbos like ct9's ct12's etc spool up much quicker than bigger turbos and come on full boost much sooner than bigger turbos increasing the rate or acceleration quicker with little to no lag

yes it will have initially more responsive aceleration, but look at a quarter mile, a td04 etc would piss over ct9 on the strip, so it is actually the larger turbos with better acceleration, assuming they are not too large that the become unusable.

There is a difference in responsiveness in that how much lag there is compared to the rate of which speed increases.

Rev

Member +
That's a fine figure but can't compare anything accurately as the leader board does not insist on iT or AT being shown clearly. That being said looks like
Kemenaycris 227.2ftlb torque at 5487rpm vs Gee's turbo 250.5 ftlb @ 4750 rpom ( IT 19C At 13C ) vs normal tdo4L

re boost not sure you can see his wonderful build and links here http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?31121-275hp-TD04L-Glanza-in-need-of-TLC-or-stripping-*Gauging-interest*&highlight=275hp

I would say what ever boost it is working well with the AT to bring spool on nice and early with 150ftlb at 3300rpm very interesting.

Last edited:

kemnaychris

Member +
Try a td12 hybrid revision 2 if u can find one :( I sold mine to a local lad and am sure he going to have a lot of fun with it

My car hit and held 1.4 bar from 1st gear to 5th gear no lag and I mean no lag every gear change it instantly hit 1.4 was a amazing turbo perfect for sprint racing ;-)

In 5th at say 40 plant it and it just spools like mad pulls so hard no lag just goes nuts lol

It pulled hard to redline and I got 145 in 5th with this turbo and still had more to go run out if road:(

Td04 yea make better figures but lag is probably its worst enemy :(

If h want a bit of lag and 2.2 bar try a k26 hybrid that was my plan till bad times arrived for me :( big big boost and little lag at low revs but by god hold on tight as its pretty dam scary as marks car was pretty insane on his 4e but his 5e is insane now with a k26 hybrid

So try that if u doubt a td04 and 12 lol

If u want pics of my dyno I will easy email u it :)