best way to run organic clutch in?

dac69er

Super Moderator
clutch went tonight :( hard pull away then a hard gearchange to second and it went slippy slip!

anyway, have an organic clutch and another flywheel to go on, flywheel sis stock but has been cleaned up and the surface roughed up.
is it a good idea to rough the clutch disk and pressure plate up or is there no need too?
also whats the best way to run it in so to speak?

guess its similar to brakes, be gentle and dont get it too hot too quick?

anyone give some advice? had to put up with a juddery exedy one for 2 years, want this one to be 100% if possible!

cheers

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
never done that, have had the flywheel 'faced' before to remove pits and scoremarks out though.

i'd have thought a couple hundred miles would rough it up plenty....

dac69er

Super Moderator
ok, sounds good to me. ill hopefully be fitting it today. better make sure im extra strong as ill be lifting the box on my own this time. im in 2 mnds about what box to use tho. got a replacement which i believe is better than mine, or can refit mine which i know is a tad notchy and whiney but perfectyl useable

dac69er

Super Moderator
yeah, guess thats the best bet. its not as though it gives me any real trouble and its not a daily driver so if its off the road for a month becuase i cant fit it then its no really worry!

dac69er

Super Moderator
well its in and seems fine. judders and is a bit snatchy, but that is to be expected.

raced a GT4 and he couldnt catch me, ha ha ha :)

Adam_Glanza

Member +
ive never heard of running in a clutch i think thats b.s to be honest, but if your really that worried just take it easy and no wheel spins / riding the clutch etc

dac69er

Super Moderator
i never ride the clutch and the only wheelspinning is do is down to power, not dumping the clutch with the handbrake on ;)

99glanzav

Banned
lol slow st185 i take it...

saying that i never ran in my last paddle i put in because i was racing straight away after installing it,and it was fine

99glanzav

Banned
was it parked??;) because theres no way it was flat out(or else deffo not near 300bhp) after all,you have one of the lower powered starlets on the site so i find that very hard to believe:p)

so you also have a gt capable of beating subaru sti now yea?fair play......lol

dac69er

Super Moderator
we both floored it in second gear and after some spinning i pulled about half a car length ahead, maybe a bit more before i started slowing down. he had his dynoed at the same time as mine and got about 295bhp or something.

99glanzav

Banned
we both floored it in second gear and after some spinning i pulled about half a car length ahead, maybe a bit more before i started slowing down. he had his dynoed at the same time as mine and got about 295bhp or something.

with your power you wouldnt keep ahead of a dc2 teg.....nevermind a 295bhp gt4......thats just my opinion though,people on here need about 200bhp + before being able to keep with scoobies etc....and here you are with 150something saying you half lenght in front of a 295bhp car,lmao,your friend must not be able to drive i think,dont take me up wrong not havin a go,but i think thats pure bull....