Bigger injectors

JDubz

Member +
Say if i was to put 440cc injectors into my starlet without an aftermarket ecu, would it harm the engine? As i dont have an ecu controlling them?

My mods are.

td05 turbo
fmic
manifold
de-cat
exhaust system
filter relocation kit
rrfpr
fuel pump
wastegate
electronic boost controller
fcd

Just as i have some injectors lying around home. Or would it be best to wait till i get an aftermarket ecu? Ill be running around 1 - 1.2 bar boost?

GTdan

In The Closet
deffo some sort of ecu will be needed - ie emanage, however in the mean time, just got all your fuelling checked and adjusted by the rrfpr.

edited - dont drive on high boost.

Gilly2006

Member +
standard ECU will not manage those inejctors. Ditch the FCD, just buy an Emanage kit you will make more power overall then trying to plumb 440cc straight in. (not that it would work mind you) for example, if you was using 330cc injectors with a FCD and a RRFPR you would make more power with the emanage then you would if you bought the RRFPR +FCD and had it rolling roaded. you don't have to worry about the RRFPR with emanage because the standard fuel regulator is a rising rate its just set by the ECU. but with the piggyback emanage it can be set accordingly. Hope this helps!

Mike

JDubz

Member +
Good bit of information there mate. Not a bad idea. Maybei should just take the ecu route. Would work out alot better.

Repp added.

Gilly2006

Member +
but what i have said in previous post will only be subject if you get a good tune. i would recommend nick jones as he Road maps the piggybacks and has a very good reputation! but i see you live in new zealand! which would be slightly ......... errrm difficult!!

JDubz

Member +
Yup anything in NZ is hard to get lol. Let alone, to find a good tuner!

I might just go with a link storm. and ditch the fcd and rrfpr would be alot cheaper in the long run?

MentaLEP91

Member +
keep the rrfpr mate, u gonna need it!
gogo get the Link ecu (rly good one the g4) and install the injectors and get it mapped properly.
in the meantime , dont drive on excessive boost

p.s. do u have forged internals?

JDubz

Member +
Yup still standerd. But when i go ecu, ill also go forged. I see some people recomend keeping the rrfpr and having an ecu? Guess it all depends on what the tuner recomends i guess.

Gilly2006

Member +
keeping the aftermarket RRFPR is upto anyone, at the end of the day people on here use stock Toyota rising rates with good power. others use the aftermarket rising rates just for confidence, the Toyota ones often have used for a quite a few miles, so its entirely up2u!!